Hi guys,

I purchased a dual recto this time last year and love the thing to death, but i have one problem.

Whenever the footswitch is plugged-in and i power on my amp i get a electrical crackling/ buzzing noise for 1-2seconds. Only way to explain the sound is 'ddzzzzzzzzz', if that makes sense?

This doesn't occur when the footswitch is not plugged in, it doesn't affect the sound of the amp, but it's a bit irritating.

Any ideas what could be causing this?
Does it go away once warmed up? You said 1-2 seconds, but does it exist as you play, become intermittent for 1-2 seconds? buzz when you switch or only when you plug in? Lil help.
Brotherhood of Vox Group Member #30
'08 Fender American Standard Strat
'07 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Honeyburst w/Gibson 498T &490R
'06 Ibanez Artcore Archtop

Vox Valvetronix AD100VTH w/Blue 4x12" Vox Cab
Vox AD30VT
That isnt a problem, aslong as it doesnt buzz when youre playing, just be happy with a sweet ass amp man!
Quote by nemo636
Does it go away once warmed up? You said 1-2 seconds, but does it exist as you play, become intermittent for 1-2 seconds? buzz when you switch or only when you plug in? Lil help.

It's literally only when i first turn on the amp and last for a second or 2 then goes away.

I'm just concerned it could be damaging the amp somehow.

I've never heard of anyone else having this occur
Quote by guitarfreak3d
It's literally only when i first turn on the amp and last for a second or 2 then goes away.

I'm just concerned it could be damaging the amp somehow.

I've never heard of anyone else having this occur

It happens to my amp all the time Its just the electrical current going though the jack thats all. Maybe if you want to avoid this, turn the volume off, plug in, switch on then turn the volume up.
Quote by Fight The Foo!
It happens to my amp all the time Its just the electrical current going though the jack thats all. Maybe if you want to avoid this, turn the volume off, plug in, switch on then turn the volume up.

What amp are you using out of interest??

To me that sounded like you were talking about the short buzz you get from plugging into the input on your amp?

Sorry if i'm just reading that weird. Do you mean the midi jack for the footswitch???
By the way, i forgot to mention:

This sound seems as though it's coming direct from the amp head, not the speaker.

No matter what volume the amp is on the buzz is always the same.
Quote by wongacaster
You put it on stand by right?
Or do you just switch it straight on?

God no! I always have it on standby for a good minute at least before turning it on so the tubes start to warm up.

I'm a little concerned as when i bought the amp (brand new) from Sound Control (UK) they didn't have the footswitch cable. So they sent it out to me about 2 weeks later. Which was slightly odd but i didn't think anything of it.

To anyone who owns a dual recto: is the cable for your footswitch insanely long and hard to lay out straight. Like the plastic shielding is really thick and not flexible??

HELP!