hey guys

I've been playing guitar for about 2 years now and im thinking about getting another amp. Even though I don't have the cash for it yet im seriously considering moving on to a more powerful amp that i can play live and at practice. Right now im using an Ibanez GSZ 120 through a Starfire Mega 10 (its a 20 watt amp) and i use a boss mt-2 metalzone pedal for drive. Im thinking about getting a Marshall 50 watt (any series).what do u guys think?Will it be sufficient to put on a good show live?also i wanna know...is it possible to use a 20 watt amp (like my starfire) to play live? It has a line out so im just wondering...

Thanks for your time guys
Quote by Saffron_Inferno
hey guys

I've been playing guitar for about 2 years now and im thinking about getting another amp. Even though I don't have the cash for it yet im seriously considering moving on to a more powerful amp that i can play live and at practice. Right now im using an Ibanez GSZ 120 through a Starfire Mega 10 (its a 20 watt amp) and i use a boss mt-2 metalzone pedal for drive. Im thinking about getting a Marshall 50 watt (any series).what do u guys think?Will it be sufficient to put on a good show live?also i wanna know...is it possible to use a 20 watt amp (like my starfire) to play live? It has a line out so im just wondering...

Thanks for your time guys

marshall's always the easy option but you may benifit from another make of amp like a randall or something like that? depends what you're planning on playing man
If you go with marshall any JCM series will do the trick. Though I would recommend you to look into other brands aswell since there might be something you like better. Btw, marshall is great at tube amps. If you can't afford a tube amp, don't go marshall since their non-tube amps are very overpriced...
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
I think the cheapest/best route to go here would be to get a Big Muff PI (NYC). Its great for really grungy sounding distortion. But I would still get a tube amp of some sort. I like the way Fender amps sound with the Big Muff a lot. The Peavey Classic 30 is good too. Anything that sounds clean is gonna work well with it.
Any JCM Marshall will do the trick, but if you don't have that much money do not get a DSL/TSL. The Heavier gain stages are very fizzy indeed. And if you get a Big Muff you will need to have a clean sounding amp under it. The muff doesn't sound half as good with a Overdriven amp under it.
Do not get a 50w Marshall from the MG or AVT/Valvestate series as they are crap. Your best bet if you are buying a brand new Marshall is to go for a DSL 401. It will do the trick nicely paired up with a EHX Big Muff/Little Big Muff. The amp will be more than sufficient for anything up to playing stadium rock.