Ok... So i've been messing with palm muting. It's pretty neat, i can get it right with a downstroke... But when it comes to the upstroke, i tend to lift my palm. I've really tried to keep it down but to no avail. Anyways, could someone like tell me how it's done?
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown
... ive seen a dog do that once, he was trying to lick his nuts and farted real loud on his face....it sounded like a human fart. now he looks like he has down syndrome for some reason.

Yeah, practice until you lose the habit. The movement's all in the wrist, remember.
when you upstroke it's in the wrist. it's the opposite motion of when you downstroke pretty much. don't even think about it really.
K, so i've gotta go really slow eh? I mean dead slow....
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown
... ive seen a dog do that once, he was trying to lick his nuts and farted real loud on his face....it sounded like a human fart. now he looks like he has down syndrome for some reason.

It's kind of difficult if you are muting all the strings but if it is just 3 or 4 it's not too bad. Try pushing your wrist down more and strumming farther away from the bridge. That might help some.
Quote by rodpod91
It's kind of difficult if you are muting all the strings but if it is just 3 or 4 it's not too bad. Try pushing your wrist down more and strumming farther away from the bridge. That might help some.

Hmmm... K. I'll try that....
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown

Palm muting with alternate picking can be difficult for some master, for others it comes pretty natural. Probably you use the arm to much and the wrist to little, and probably you need to work more on your alternate picking first. Many have problem with palm muting because they start working on it before other basic skills are good enough. My tip to you: practise alternate picking over a skale or song and gradually apply the muting, get used to have your palm lying down on the bridge gently also when you dont mute. Dont play over to many strings at first. If you lift your palm, go slower til you dont, if you do that, your problem will be solved in pretty short time....good luck..
Quote by BigBall
Palm muting with alternate picking can be difficult for some master, for others it comes pretty natural. Probably you use the arm to much and the wrist to little, and probably you need to work more on your alternate picking first. Many have problem with palm muting because they start working on it before other basic skills are good enough. My tip to you: practise alternate picking over a skale or song and gradually apply the muting, get used to have your palm lying down on the bridge gently also when you dont mute. Dont play over to many strings at first. If you lift your palm, go slower til you dont, if you do that, your problem will be solved in pretty short time....good luck..

Thanks

And as for the alternate picking, i do use it when i practice scales. But somehow when i play solos in songs and stuff, i just downpick them.... So your right, i should get more into alternate picking.....
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown