1. Die Hard - Legendary, Started a new genre pretty much. Bruce Willis made this movie. I've seen this almost as much as i've seen terminator 2

2. Matrix Reloaded - Some of the most amazing action sequences i've ever seen. The freeway chase blew me away. I know some of the Matrix fans were disappointed with this sequel, but you can't deny how well the Wachowski brothers pulled off the action scenes.

3. Kill Bill - Big fan of this one. I loved the Japanese theme it had to it. What with the legendary Hattori Hanzo sword and all, and the general awesomeness of the classic revenge story. Uma Thurman was great.

4. Saving Private Ryan(if you consider it action) - Beach sequence was cinema at its best. The end fight surpassed it in my eyes. Steven Spielberg blew me away with this movie.

5. Aliens - Aliens and Laser guns and Marines. Nuff' said

6. Terminator 2 - My favourite movie as a kid - been watched well over 100 times. The motorbike/truck chase, the cyberdyne scenes, the helicopter chase and end standoff. Awesome.

7. Matrix - This movie blew me away as a teenager, the story was stuck in my head for months and I rewatched the action sequences over and over again. Revolutionary. Lobby scene was amazing.

8. Black Hawk Down - Pretty much non-stop action after this first 30 or so minutes. Great

9. Predator - Another childhood favourite, Arnie back with a machine gun, kicking some ass.

10. Rambo (the new one) - The sheer brutality and ruthlessness of it. The return of one of cinemas classic action heroes. Great comeback.
Last edited by shietnigrah at Feb 21, 2008,
Die Hard....ten times in a row
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Rather Large Breasts 5.

Wrong type of action...schiesse. Then I'll put forward Speed xD

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Rambo - First Blood Part 1, that is absolutely amazing, one of the best action films ever made without a baffling bodycount. Sly can also really act in that film.

The Bourne Trilogy is another obvious choice, they're superb films.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I like comedy lol More but the best Action is Die Hard ........ But there's Rouge assiasn with jet lee & jason something
FANTASY , EVERYBODY HAS ONE
Quote by anti-goth
300 for all ten of them.

that's a good pick, but come on, better than the movies on my list?
I would put Saving Private Ryan #1 on my list. That movie completely is incredible. Just when everything starts to look good for the guys, they see somebody and everything starts to explode. Definitely one of my favorite movies of all time.
Quote by AngusIsMyHero
I would put Saving Private Ryan #1 on my list. That movie completely is incredible. Just when everything starts to look good for the guys, they see somebody and everything starts to explode. Definitely one of my favorite movies of all time.

have you watched band of brothers?
I don't totally agree with the thread starter, my list would be.

1. Die Hard
2. Terminator 2
3. Comando
4. Rambo: First Blood prt 1
5. The Matrix
6. The Bourne Identity
7. Aliens
8. Speed
9. Predator
10. Escape From New York
Good Charlotte sounds like...uh...they sound like...um...well, they taste like a popsicle stick thats been shoved up someones ass -Eddie Vedder

REMEMBER DISCO: All stupid fads go away with time. STOP COMPLAINING
in no order

Die Hard: Obviously on the list, probably the first kickass action film i ever saw

Aliens: My favorite film of all time, the sfx, the acting, the story and of course the bitch...

Terminator 2: Probably my second favorite film, non stop action with a great story, and the biggest badass in cinema history

300: Left me speechless when i first saw it, utter mayhem from start to finish. The fight scenes were spectacular, i forgot i was even watching a movie

The Matrix: The best of the 3, a very clever storyline and some unforgettable scenes that need to be seen to be believed

Hostage: I doubt many people have seen this, and it can only be loosely classed as an action film, but CHECK IT OUT. one of my favorite films, and not just because bruce willis shoots people

Transformers: Ok no one can disagree, it was a **** storyline. Robots finding a magic square. cool. but the CGI blows everything else out of the water and easily makes up for the story

Kill Bill: Holy hell this was an experience. The fight scenes are miles ahead of anything else i've ever seen, and coming from a mastermind director, makes this film something very special

Bad Boys 2: Has to be said, one of the most chaotic films in cinema history. Oh, and it was funny as hell

Predator: One of the most badass films ever, arnie + alien hunter = mayhem from start to finish

comments on my choices?
Quote by Random3
in no order

Die Hard: Obviously on the list, probably the first kickass action film i ever saw

Aliens: My favorite film of all time, the sfx, the acting, the story and of course the bitch...

Terminator 2: Probably my second favorite film, non stop action with a great story, and the biggest badass in cinema history

300: Left me speechless when i first saw it, utter mayhem from start to finish. The fight scenes were spectacular, i forgot i was even watching a movie

The Matrix: The best of the 3, a very clever storyline and some unforgettable scenes that need to be seen to be believed

Hostage: I doubt many people have seen this, and it can only be loosely classed as an action film, but CHECK IT OUT. one of my favorite films, and not just because bruce willis shoots people

Transformers: Ok no one can disagree, it was a **** storyline. Robots finding a magic square. cool. but the CGI blows everything else out of the water and easily makes up for the story

Kill Bill: Holy hell this was an experience. The fight scenes are miles ahead of anything else i've ever seen, and coming from a mastermind director, makes this film something very special

Bad Boys 2: Has to be said, one of the most chaotic films in cinema history. Oh, and it was funny as hell

Predator: One of the most badass films ever, arnie + alien hunter = mayhem from start to finish

comments on my choices?

I totally forgot Bad Boys 2. Sure it wasn't oscar material but it had some amazing action. freeway chase and jeep chase were just awesome, not to mention the gun fights.
Bourne Ultimatum.

Identity was great as I remember too but the 2nd one sucked balls!
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
Quote by AngusIsMyHero

It's too grim to be an action film, I agree, it s absolutely incredible - my only problem with it is the heroic images of the Stars and Stripes at the start and the end.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I thought rambo SUCKED!!! a guy gets shot in the head, it blows off, he flies like 20 feet. I know the point of rambo wasnt to be accurate, but come the f on.
Quote by shietnigrah
have you watched band of brothers?

Is that the series that was on HBO or something like that? If it is, I've heard about it, but I was never able to see it.

Quote by freddaahh
It's too grim to be an action film, I agree, it s absolutely incredible - my only problem with it is the heroic images of the Stars and Stripes at the start and the end.

Yeah, I definitely see what you are saying. It is a lot easier for me to enjoy that kind of thing, being an American, but I see why it would be a little over the top in that respect.

And I figured it wasn't really considered an action film, I just saw it on the first post and said where I would put it on my list.

I was a big fan of the Bourne Trilogy also.

EDIT:

What do you guys think of Lethal Weapon, Speed, and Desperado?
Last edited by AngusIsMyHero at Feb 21, 2008,