Hi guys

Lately Ive noticed that im losing speed due to pains in my wrist (playing hand), I think it might be down to the angle it is when im anchoring on the pick up!

Ive been playing for nearly 3years now and its just started to happen within the last few months!

So im asking for your advice!

Should i stop playing for a while and rest my hands untilit heals???

Does anyone know any good stretching exercises to do before i play?

Do you think i should change my technique?

Thanks in advance for any replies!
sometimes i get really bad cramps in my fretting wrist (left) and to overcome this i take my watch off as it allows better blood flow, well so i find any way :p

My advice if you were a watch on that wrist take it off and see how it goes.
i play several different styles ive been playing on and off for about 6-7 years recently i decided to try and stop looking cool and play my bass high on my strap and my wrist pains and muscle burning can be greatly relaxed compared to when im trying to play on a low strap.the broblem i have now is when im playing with a pick im getting serious thumb pains.

but i did notice when i left my bass alone for abut 6 months i came back and i had a far greater knowledge and understanding of bass playing and my skills had increased a dramatic amount. try having a break and coming back to it

theres a thing called a powerball/gyroball..basicly its a simple and fun exercise tool that can realy build your strength and stamina in your wrist and forarms, have a look for it i think it may help.

hope this makes sense im kinda wasted and my brain isnt working properly i just blabbed a load of stuff trying to be helpful, hope it was
The muscles could be stressed up. It might be good if you do some weight lifting to strengten you wrist. That's what i would recommend. I myself have no experience with the wrist pains you describe.
Quote by 8455157
lol i always have to take my watch of its so uncomfortable

i don't find it uncomfortabe...just painful :p

seems to work for me....although i have only been playing a couple of years so i may not be the best person to say
Quote by Kethnus
i don't find it uncomfortabe...just painful :p

seems to work for me....although i have only been playing a couple of years so i may not be the best person to say

depends on the watch realy dude =D
Quote by 8455157
depends on the watch realy dude =D

i do guess so dude! maybe if it was on yer picking hand it would be worse :S
Quote by Kethnus
i do guess so dude! maybe if it was on yer picking hand it would be worse :S

men wear watches on their left hand
i am a man
i am right handed
so my watch is on my neck playing hand
i couldnt imagine playing with a watch on it is awful

theres ****ing balloons in my garden floating about lol a pink , yello and green one all dancing in the wind....i wonder where they came from
Yeah i guess having it on your right would be wierd....meh, people are wierd.

ballons you say eh?