My friend constantly rags on me for writing on the computer. He says it's less personal, and that's there's no talent writing on the computer. I tell him he's insane, and say I write on the computer so it's more efficient for me to get more than his outlook on my work. Plus,most of my ideas come to my while perched in front of the monitor, where I can easily edit my work without blotching it with eraser attacks and liquid paper.

Do you think it matters if you type your work from scratch, or write it on paper? Does it matter? Is one method more talented than the next?
80% of my work is written on the computer. It's stupid saying that a work is less perosonal when written on a computer.
I usually write everything on the computer, including music. I remember Thom Yorke once saying that if given either a laptop or an acoustic guitar to write, he would choose the laptop. I agree.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I love my paper! But that's because it works for me. The result is what matters; one is not mre 'talented' because one held a pencil instead of tapping on keys.
Computer is where everything comes together for me. I've written maybe 2 poems on paper, and that was at like 3am or something. I rewrote them on the computer anyway. Often though I write individual lines on my schoolbooks, and use them to start pieces with. If an idea, or any line hits you, you need to write it down ASAP. I always think 'Oh yeah, I'll remember it tomorrow' but you don't. And the computer isn't always there. Most of my hand written stuff is on the back of toilet paper or forms that I need to hand in at school, which gets awkward.

I want to go up to the rainforest one day or the beach and just try writing on paper, to see if it makes much difference.

Point is, PC is preferable for me, because it's neat and tidy and my handwriting is gross anyway.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
I never write on the computer simply because I'm never near my computer when I have an idea. I'm usually in class, so I have in my backpack a notepad specifically for lyrics.
do things on paper and you have to redo it all to get it printed out. also writers cramp sucks. lose lose situation.
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Really doesn't matter; one doesn't make you more creative than the other.

Personally I prefer writing on paper. May be because I have headaches and **** and so my concentration is worse on the computer.
Quote by godisasniper
I never write on the computer simply because I'm never near my computer when I have an idea. I'm usually in class, so I have in my backpack a notepad specifically for lyrics.

That's me. Most of my best songs were written in Anthropology class. Or at least I think so. And it's easier for me to format with chords and little random notes when I'm writing by hand. There are no boundries on a piece of paper.

TS, I can see where your friend is coming from. I wouldn't say that a computer is less personal, but it's not as convienient. When I'm writing a song on the computer, it feels like I'm writing just to write. The only time I write is when something hits me and that's not always when I'm near a computer.
Quote by fafinaf
dude, how many books were written on typewriters and computers.

6?