I'm doing a research project/paper arguing that music has a major effect on the general public - in political awareness (voting and political affairs in general), in advertising products, and on life in general.

So my question to you is: How do you think music affects the general public?

It would be awesome if you could provide some news articles providing information about some situations.

Thanks!
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
**** son they be bangin crank dat in the club and all the hoes be grindin up on mah d1ck son gnome sayin
Quote by shietnigrah
**** son they be bangin crank dat in the club and all the hoes be grindin up on mah d1ck son gnome sayin

you dont even know what "fingering" is.
I doubt you are taking part in said activities.
Music kinda of effects what your social status is in a way. The people who listen to rap are generally more popular than the people who listen to metal. It creates a prejudice basically.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Well, in sociological standards it does have a big affect. There is music in every culture, and people sometimes act the way certain musicians act becuase they can connect to those musicians in lyrics or in a personal experience that is simmilar to the listener and the musician.
Quote by Caustic
If I didn't cuss so much, I'd be illiterate!

Quote by Will_Minus
Stupid people do stupid things. Don't be stupid, stupid.
Quote by Bunjamin
You're an idiot

How am I an idiot? That's how everything Ive seen works.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic

don't worry about him he just wants to get a rise out of you....
Quote by Caustic
If I didn't cuss so much, I'd be illiterate!

Quote by Will_Minus
Stupid people do stupid things. Don't be stupid, stupid.
Quote by Bunjamin
You're an idiot

No, he's not. Retard...

Quote by valennic

You are correct sir. Everyone at my school (at least who's cool) listens to the rap "music" on the radio. Me, I listen to old-school rock and metal, and some newer metal.
The only rap artist I'll willingly listen to is Public Enemy, partially because of the message and partially because of the fact that it's not just one looped beat under some "gangsta" who's bragging rhythmically.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Feb 21, 2008,
Ehh, I know they use music in advertising to draw customers in. A bit like how different colours affect peoples moods. For instance, I used to work in oxfam, and they targeted customers in the later years of their life. So they played soft music from the 60s in the shop. Radio 1 isn't excactly going to bring in the customers...

But yea, maybe that helps if I understood the question lol.
TRANSFORMICE