Page 1 of 2
Today I am going to my friend's paintballing birthday party. This will be my first time paintballing. Any tips on how to dress, what to wear, how to play, how to win, etc. Party is at Cousin's Paintball in Hauppauge if you know about that place.
Wear the mask all the time and protect your crotch.

It's like most PC games basically, you just point at what you want dead and keep pressing the button until one of you chokes. If you're lucky you get a good team with you.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
i've paintballed plenty of times before but in no way am I an expert. Just remember to wear thick enough padding because you can be left with some nasty bruises if not properly dressed. NEVER take your mask off during play. You would think people would understand that rule but I knew someone who took his mask off to wipe it down and was nailed right in the eye at the exact moment he took it off. He had to wear an eye patch for 2 weeks or so. Just go out and have a blast
--
--
I'm Always Thinking...

--
--
Keep moving, try and flank! Hero runs are an absolute win too.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
WEAR A HOODED TOP.

Some of these places have masks that don't cover the back/top of your head and neck.

If you get hit there it will hurt like absolute hell.

Balls won't burst from too far a range, so even if you hit you might not kill if the range is too far, so learn the range of your gun quickly or you'll piss ammo away firing at someone you can't kill.

Cover is your friend, never let yourself get out in the open. In the open you get hurt.

Wear loose clothing as more of the energy will get dispersed into your clothes that way, If you're wearing tight clothes all of the energy goes straight into your skin = pain

Wear gloves paint ball on the back of your bare hand/fingers especially in the cold will actually make you cry like a little girl.

Aim for the face, It's funny when people stumble back to the safety zone with a splotch of paint across their visor.

keep your eyes and ears open

KILL KILL KILL

That is all.
These guys dont know how to play paintball, dont listen to them. First off, dress in a mankini, like Borat. That will show everyone you have no fear. And dont wear a mask, those are for pussies. If you really want to impress everyone, dont go out with a gun, just take a handful of paintballs and run around throwing them. Or throw rocks, whchever one you feel like, it doesnt matter. That is how you win at paintball, just prove you have the biggest balls at the party, and you automaticly win. Thats the rule.
get a good team is the best advice anyone can give you with paintballing. Your only as good as your team, doesnt matter if your rambo, if u have a bunch of school girls on your team your going to be taken out, get some people who u can communicate with easily and can rely on.

doesnt matter what you wear, you'll be allright, if its cold, might want some fingerless gloves, but don't overdress, or your visor will steam up as you sweat. just wear a t shirt or no top, remember u, usually get a camo suit anyway. dont overdress or you'll regret it
Save your bullets. I went last Friday and it cost about £50 because I rinsed my bullets.

Don't be afraid to get down and dirty. Prone positions on the floor make you a small target to shoot, harder to spot, and doesn't hinder your own aim to much.

Find cover as much as you can. Barrel and tyre walls are good, the curves in them mean there are usually small holes where it's easy to shoot out of, hard to shoot into.

Likewise, use huts and towers if your site has them. Windows are easy to shoot out of without being hit because if you're under pressure you can put your gun out and fire aimlessly to scare the opposition at least.

However, don't stay a sitting duck unless your position is amazing. I found that if I kept moving, it was harder to make tactics against me, whereas in one position, they can try to flank you/find a weak point etc.

Go around in pairs or on your own. Big groups = easy targets. Pairs are normally better, you can look out for each other.

Avoid the skilled players. If you're all wearing the team outfits it can be hard to tell people apart, but try to do so because some people aren't even worth hiding from, whereas others WILL kill you.
Quote by Paul Lambeth
It's like having the best orgasm of your life ever, but in your brain, and the opposite of that.
Quote by Coulterboyz
These guys dont know how to play paintball, dont listen to them. First off, dress in a mankini, like Borat. That will show everyone you have no fear. And dont wear a mask, those are for pussies. If you really want to impress everyone, dont go out with a gun, just take a handful of paintballs and run around throwing them. Or throw rocks, whchever one you feel like, it doesnt matter. That is how you win at paintball, just prove you have the biggest balls at the party, and you automaticly win. Thats the rule.

Ummmm... no.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
And try to play as much Call of duty 4 as you can before
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
You'll need a knife.

Not for fighting, but EVERYONE RUNS FASTER WITH A KNIFE!
Quote by Burakki
You'll need a knife.

Not for fighting, but EVERYONE RUNS FASTER WITH A KNIFE!

BOOM HEADSHOT!
don't be a pussy, shoot yourself so you know what the pain will be like when your in combat.

Don't hide behid things all the time, or else you'll just loose
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Quote by bikerboyjosh
don't be a pussy, shoot yourself so you know what the pain will be like when your in combat.

Don't hide behid things all the time, or else you'll just loose

and cut a line in your chest with your rambo knive everytime you get a kill?
Be the hero.

Chances are the enemy can't shoot for ****, and you are more likely to get hit hiding behind cover in this game.
Originally Posted by Kensai
Thx keine_lust, I probably would've missed the chili's if it wasn't for you

SCARECROW of UG's Gotham City
Quote by Supernaut2k
and cut a line in your chest with your rambo knive everytime you get a kill?

No, you cut a line onto your ARM everytime you get a kill. dont you know anything? you might cut your mankini if you cut across your chest!
Wear....a....cup!
With a name like Yakult, it has to be good. Vote Yakult.

Member #11 of the "...Still Waiting for the Zombie
Holocaust" club. PM Smokey Amp

Roland Deschain of UG's Heroes and Villains Clubs.
Dont be afraid to take out members of your own team. It gives me great lulz every time I hit someone and they have no idea who it was. Also, for the love of God dont wear leg calipers, you will be shot, by everyone

Dont be afraid to get shot, it doesnt hurt
Quote by freedoms_stain
WEAR A HOODED TOP.

Some of these places have masks that don't cover the back/top of your head and neck.

If you get hit there it will hurt like absolute hell.

You really should. When I went I had to wear a mask that didn't cover the back or top of my head. I wear glasses and there was no way I could wear one of the others and be able to see. Of course, I got shot in the head. Right on the top. It hurts.
Quote by Kensai
And try to play as much Call of duty 4 as you can before

Haha, true.

It's just like any other FPS games.

Aim for the check/neck area, follow an experienced player, jump and strife (remember, fast movement is everything)

If you are unfortunate enough to get shot, then wait for respawn.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Wear a hoody, with the hood up when the helmet is on. Because if you get hit in the back of the neck...

EDIT- Been said

GAS
Throbak Stonebender | Fulltone Deja Vibe | Catalinbread Semaphore
I went last saturday, just remember

- (If you're in a wet place) waterproof shoes
- Old clothes you don't mind getting a bit wrecked
- Gloves
- Do not take off your mask
- Warm clothes
- DO NOT TAKE OFF YOUR MASK
I used to play some airsoft so I guess what I have learnt may help:

1. WEAR YOUR MASK AT ALL TIMES (can't stress this enough, hence the caps)
2. Outflank outflank outflank. Using tactics is the best way to win, while other will be pissing around you can kick arse easily by simply using cover and trying to get closer and closer to the people before you hit them.
3. Divide and conquer. By splitting people up you can take them easily, this always works.
4. Set ambushes if you can. Often times there are good places to ambush people, if there are huts get some people sniping from the windows, set up a few guys on either flank and the moment anybody walks into the area in between you all one person scream FIRE (this helps as it will cause them to **** themselves).

Follow those and you'll be OK.
oh yeah and if you are renting guns, try not to get a crappy Brass Eagle gun or something. And wear a soft cup.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Coulterboyz
Forgot to mention that at the end of the game when everyone takes their masks off, you should pick up a gun and unload it right in someones face. Dont worry, it will be funny
armour is for pussies, my experience of paintball was rip it out off anyone who wears armour.

my experience was fighting a bunch of ASBO kids, with emotional problems, don't understand why that is a suitable day out for them. ended up i got chased with a stick because he ran out of ammo when i shot him point blank in a hut....

so my message is keep some ammo at the end as i did.
Gear: ESP MH250 NT
ESP EX400 ow
Ashton Dualler

Marshall MG50DFX

Jim Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
EHX metal muff
the first time i went paintballing it was about 30 degrees, so about 5 minutes into the game, most of us were just wearing a mask and shorts. i don't think the guns had that high of presssure cause getting shot didn't hurt any more than say a good towel whipping. just have fun, try to get some good games of capture the flag goin
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Ok, so the party's over. Thanks for all the tips. Here's what I did:
I wore a fat load of clothing
I got behind bunkers
I was the risk-taker, I ran up front
I barely ever got shot
I did a little blind firing, but I knew exactly where to shoot and I actually hit
I'm really good at telling we people are by listening to them shotting my bunker.
Paintball is fun
Some people are noobs
I actually pretty good at paintball
Field position matters. When the ref blows the whistle to start the game, SPRINT as far as you can up the field (the sides, not the middle) and slide/dive behind a bunker. If you can control the flanks, you can get around the other team, forcing them in and making them vulnerable. If you're playing woodsball, use the terrain to your advantage.

[EDIT]: Wearing lots of clothing is for pussies. I play in camouflage pants and a t shirt (I've played in just a bathing suit before haha).
The medium is the message!
I remember my first time, i had a blast like.

Just remember....
Keep alert at all times, watch out for flanking enemies.

Don't go crazy whith the amount of paintballs you use in the 1st round. You may have to spend alot refilling if you have an itchy trigger finger.

Most importantly.
Move slowly using as much cover as possibly, hit the deck if you have to.

Enjoy yourself man
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
wear thick jeans/pants. camo/whatever blends in if possible. wear clothes that cover as much of your body as possible, as this will make sure the paintball's shell doesn't get driven into your skin.

first time i paintballed, i caught one right in the collarbone. never thought a cut that small could bleed so much.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by Kivarenn82
the first time i went paintballing it was about 30 degrees, so about 5 minutes into the game, most of us were just wearing a mask and shorts. i don't think the guns had that high of presssure cause getting shot didn't hurt any more than say a good towel whipping. just have fun, try to get some good games of capture the flag goin

yer man when its hot the paintballs move so slowly, i thought i was the one when i was able to dodge bullets, then i figured my bullets were movin really slowly too
Page 1 of 2