im building a guitar and i want to have a 5 or 3 way selector switch...only problem is im not having a pickguard how do i but the switch in without showing the silver parts of it, i have a guitar that has a pickguard and it has a selector switch anf you only see the screws but if i put no pickguard u will see the silver can someone help me out?!
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
how to you do that? try and be spasific
ಠ_ಠ

i think you can buy a cover for the selector switch... i saw an ibanez that had a cover-type thing over the selector. or you can rear route, which is when you drill/route the cavity from the back of the guitar(les pauls use this a lot).
Quote by Tango616
im building a guitar and i want to have a 5 or 3 way selector switch...only problem is im not having a pickguard how do i but the switch in without showing the silver parts of it, i have a guitar that has a pickguard and it has a selector switch anf you only see the screws but if i put no pickguard u will see the silver can someone help me out?!
3-way is not a problem. You use an LP style toggle.

5-way lever is more difficult.
You need to route a cavity in the back of the guitar.
You route it deep enough, that the wood in the front is thin.
You must ACCURATELY cut the slot for the lever and drill holes for the 2 mounting screws.

This is not a job for a rookie.
You get one chance to get it right.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
3-way is not a problem. You use an LP style toggle.

5-way lever is more difficult.
You need to route a cavity in the back of the guitar.
You route it deep enough, that the wood in the front is thin.
You must ACCURATELY cut the slot for the lever and drill holes for the 2 mounting screws.

This is not a job for a rookie.
You get one chance to get it right.

Easiest way to probably do it is to route/drill your entire way through the body blank, then use a cap of some sort. There's a much greater chance of you doing unwanted damage if you're using a one-piece body and routing cavities.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
alright thanks
ಠ_ಠ