i already have a line 6 dl4, and i dig all the cool effects on delays and such. however, i was looking on getting another one so i have move than just 3 delay presets... but i thought i should go for the boss dd20 just so i have something different. can anyone give some pros and cons of each? should the dd20 be used through the fx loop? how many delays can i program and use at once with the dd20? does it have looping? which has cooler delays? etc.
Almost all of those questions can be answered by looking on musiciansfriend in the product description
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
It is, it has 4 memory slots.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
I'd get one of each. They're both very cool and have something the other doesn't.
The LED display on the DD20 makes it a lot easier to use, especially on a dark stage.
The DD20 is a better looper IMO (longer time, easier to use) and has some cool long/short and smooth delays that I don't recall the DL4 having. For regular tape/analog/digital style delays the DD20 sounds a bit better, but for the fun stuff and a better interface the DD20 is good. It also has 4 presets plus the manual (whatever the buttons are set to), effectively giving it 5 settings.