Well iv got a few .. well alot of suggestions.. to get... JACKSON! well, im wanting to know what pickups and stuff i can get put into the jackson.. il be geting (Most likly a King V (maybe the Jenna jameson model ) for the heaviest distortion without sounding liek complete crap that you can get out of the guitar naturaly without a pedal or anything.. please share the secrets
You get distortion from the amp, not the guitar. Yes, the guitar does play a part on it, mostly the humbuckers, but you still get distortion from the amp not the guitar.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
i know but like the amp i have.. it hasdistortion... i have a squire strat in my lap now.. playing rainbow in the dark (Lol) it has hardly any.. and its the 3 single pickups.. my lespaul clone with humbuckers.. it has alot of distortion...
Quote by neilap
i have a squire strat in my lap now

Your profile says you have a Fender Strat :P

Anyway, distortion isn't something that comes from the guitar. You can get extra drive from a pickup by adjusting it so that it's closer to the strings.
What amp do you have now? With a good amp, any high output humbucker pickup will overdrive a tube amp easily when cranked without a pedal. Which one you choose depends on your taste. Seymour Duncan site has a very good comparison tone chart with sound clips of all their pickups clean and dirty. Others like EMG, DiMarzio etc has something similar. Just look around and see what you like. With a solid state you'll need to use a pedal.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by neilap
iv been eyeballing Seymour Duncan Dave Mustaine Signature Livewire's

See you're still thinking you'll achieve what you're after on pickups alone. They help but its only a part of the equation. I'll ask again, what amp do you have?
oh sorry... i have a Roland Microcube limited edition red... its alittle 2w but its nice for practace.. and i have my bigger guitarworks reptone 15 i bought passing through virginia.. it was cheap and it lets me play at my school so the peoplez will gather.. i know i wont acheive complete distortion with pickups alone but from my original post im wondering what i need to get the most distortion possible from the guitar naturaly as in when i do turn the distortion up on the amp or a pedal.. its going to be mindblowing
Last edited by neilap at Feb 21, 2008,
Well high output pickups and/or a pedal like a Metal Muff. Thats a start...

I'd recommend a larger amp though first of all. You won't get huge killer distortion from a small amp like that
oh ...Hand cramp! AH! metal muff eh... Btw... i was wondering... whats the differencve in a squire strat.. and a normal american strat they look the same... just.. americans have like.. humbuckers
Quote by neilap
oh ...Hand cramp! AH! metal muff eh... Btw... i was wondering... whats the differencve in a squire strat.. and a normal american strat they look the same... just.. americans have like.. humbuckers

No they don't those are the H-S-S Strats (Humbucker-Single-Single pickup setup). American Strats have better everything. Wood, hardware, better pickups, and way better quality. I'd look into the Standard Strats if I were you, they're made in Mexico and are an awesome deal

Edit: I meant no they don't as in they not only make H-S-S but also single coil in the bridge
Last edited by DSOTM80 at Feb 21, 2008,
Oh i see now... iv seen the mexican and american ones... id rather get an american (thats just me tho sense im on a 1-5 grand budget) i seen one i REALLY liked over in righmond virginia in guitarworks... it has no paint on it at all its just the body sprayed with clear shiney stuff it was beautiful...