Is that the explorer type guitar with the blood graphics? If so, it's pretty cool.
Yes it is. I personally think it is rad as hell. Im just trying to find audio of it so I can hear how it plays.
I believe it has EMG's in it. Therefore it pretty much plays like every other guitar with EMG's in it. You're just paying for a cheesy paint job IMO.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Yeah, I'd never buy a signature model myself, because then people just associate you with the artist that plays it. But if you like it, by all means, buy it.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by 1010011010
I'd just get an EX 400 if I were you.
Basically the same guitar, but with a different neck pickup and minus the cheesy paint job and inlays.

+1

And people won't know you like Atreyu that way.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
I believe it has EMG's in it. Therefore it pretty much plays like every other guitar with EMG's in it. You're just paying for a cheesy paint job IMO.

AND a Floyd Rose, AND better build quality compared to the standard lineup. Furthermore, it's not going to play nor sound like 'every other EMG guitar'. No two guitars play the same. Different neck profiles and the action of the guitar will always make sure that no two guitars play the same. Even though tone woods don't matter with EMG pickups as much as they would with passives, they still affect the tone.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
That guy is gay and so is his band but it is a pretty cool guitar. It's not like he came up with that guitar... those blood splattered paint jobs have been around since the 80s.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by nebiru
That guy is gay and so is his band but it is a pretty cool guitar. It's not like he came up with that guitar... those blood splattered paint jobs have been around since the 80s.

Yeah. Those are like what, $1200? I would wait a little and save a couple hundred more and buy a used Jackson or Charvel custom in Blood Drip.
I was looking at his signature model too. I dont' knwo why there aren't any explorer shapes with a floyd rose except his. I'd love to have one that didn't have his signature on it, the blood drip, or the EMG's, so basically an EX with a floyd and some SD's.

Oh, not a fan boy or a major Atreyu fan but Dan Jacobs but he in no way said that he came up with the graphic. He said "I saw it on one of Nikki Sixxx's basses and I though it was really cool". THat is on the Atreyu guitar interview from ESP's website.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
I can't stand atreyu but i reckon both the guitarists sigs are ****in' awesome! ESP. the dan jacobs one, go for it
Thank God I'm not a Stereotype.

Quote by ANTHRAX†
When in doubt, whip it out.

Quote by Guitar_picker36
...im a girl i dont know how to upload pictures and stuff.

Quote by CJRocker
Yeah. Those are like what, $1200? I would wait a little and save a couple hundred more and buy a used Jackson or Charvel custom in Blood Drip.

Yeah, that would be pretty sweet.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
They acually arent hat badly priced and I heard they were extremely good guitars. If you can get lucky enough you can get one on Ebay for 885 the one im looking at. New they are down to 1,050 I think
Never mind what anyone else says about the 'gay paint job' or how it sounds like every other guitar. As long as you like, that is all that matters. Don't worry about it being a signature either. As long as you can play it, whos gonna slam you for it being a sig? It does have an EMG Afterburner which is pretty cool. But I'm not sure if I would invest $1200 into a guitar when real ESPs are just a couple hundred bucks away.
Be cool.
I HATE ATREYU, but i bought that guitar

It is so amazing, everything about it. When you play it it just screams. You can get anytone you want out of it. I use it for rock and i can get some great cleans out of the neck pickup. If you like it buy it, don't let the signature stop you. That was one of the reasons i wasnt going to buy it, but after i played the dam thing it was just too amazing to pass up.
Gear:

Esp Ltd DJ-600
Ibanez S520EX
Parker P 44 Pro
Traynor YCS100 Head
Traynor YCS412 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD20
Boss GE-21
Ibanez TS7
EH Soul Preacher
BBE Sonix Maximizer 462 rack
It's a damn ugly paint job, but I like the specs
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
get a jackson KE2 those have original floyds and better finishes plus look way kooler
The DJ600 also has the EMG Afterburner. Thats cool. BUT, the EX-400 has the EMG 60 in the neck. That mnakes a BIG difference in your clean tones. just get an Olympic White EX-400

Look at this:

EX-400

DJ-600

Now tell me the DJ is more worth it. You really are just paying for a paintjob, a Floyd, and a crappier (IMO) neck pickup

EDIT: Also, the price difference if pretty big, like $600
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Last edited by poopsmith666 at Feb 21, 2008,
if you want the floyd and the afterburner, get the DJ. Otherwise, go for an EX-400
Not to sound like an idiot, but what exactly is special about an Afterburner? More sustain?
ESP

Respect Roope Latvala.
At all these "get an EX400" the trem, differnet pickups (neck at least), after burner graphics, and most importantly name add to that price, the trem is what I'd buy it for, I HATE atreyu but I like this guitar, however, you can't justify the price of ESP guitars in the UK.

I know a guy who has one (sorta) and he loves it. No complaints from him so, try it out, see if you like it.
Stupid, IMO.

I think it's one of the stupidest, most generic guitars I've ever seen.

It sounds harsh, but it's the truth. The only thing that sets it apart from any other Floyd, EMG equipped guitar is the gawdy paint.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Last edited by diditfortehlulz at Mar 7, 2008,
what is generic about a guitar dripping with blood? in fact its the opposite of generic

ge·ner·ic /dʒəˈnɛrɪk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[juh-ner-ik] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective Also, ge·ner·i·cal.
1. of, applicable to, or referring to all the members of a genus, class, group, or kind; general.

in any case, i have both the DJ600 and the Ex400bd. They play similar, but the dj600 has a thinner and faster neck with a better heel so the upper fret access is a bit better. The pickup config is differe, 81/85 in my dj, 81/81 in my ex (altough many come with 81/60). The afterburner is alright, just makes the input louder, and the floyd is obviously different. I wouldnt say one is better per say, but one is definately cheaper.
Quote by Ramik
I HATE ATREYU, but i bought that guitar

Smart one you are
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Quote by diditfortehlulz
Stupid, IMO.

I think it's one of the stupidest, most generic guitars I've ever seen.

It sounds harsh, but it's the truth. The only thing that sets it apart from any other Floyd, EMG equipped guitar is the gawdy paint.

Learn the meaning of generic then come back, k?

A generic guitar would be a Fender Strat or Gibson Les Paul, something like that. I'm not knocking them, it's just they're the industry standard pretty much.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey