I've been playing for about 7 months now and my first guitar is a Takamine EG561c, really nice acoustic-electric, slightly smaller than the normal acoustic...but lately I've been getting this bug to play more texas-blues style music and have been drawn to some Strats. My eye has been on the 60's Classic Player in Sonic Blue. I am looking for a good, solid guitar that will last as I will most likely not purchase another one, at least for 4 or 5 years, so I want to spend decent money without breaking the bank ($800 is tops). I am not worried about amps and accessories as my friend has more than enough of those items nor will I be playing gigs, I just play for myself and my family. I also saw the Lite Ash Strat for a little less, but it is my understanding that they are discontinuing that model. Is the 60' CP Strat a good choice or should I be looking elsewhere? Thanks for all your insights....
Quote by piefaceFX
Strats are horrible, i recommend a BC Rich Warlock Bronze series

i hope you're joking, touching a bronze series is like touching a used condom, it's just not ok
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
Go for a strat man, try and get a second hand american deluxe. Those are some sweet guitars.
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
Quote by piefaceFX

Well considering that 4 websites that had reviews on the above mentioned guitar did not have one person that liked it well enough to give it a rating past 8 (out of 10) tells me to stay away. Thanks though...maybe I should have posted my question in the Strat section instead....
Quote by piefaceFX

Don't listen to him. The most ignorant comment i've heard all week

Strats are great guitars, very versitile. Blues especially sounds good on them if you have a decent amp. i haven't played the classic player series, but the lite ash are brilliant.
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Highway One Telecaster

TC Electronic Polytune
Electro Harmonix Pitchfork
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
Fultone OCD
Electro Harmonix Nano Big Muff
TC Electronics Flashback X 4
Strymon Blue Sky
Strymon El Capistan

Vox AC4
wtf would buy a warlock for blues anyway. not only does it to be a bad guitar...but just on looks alone that guitar can go no where near a blues scene lol.
Quote by piefaceFX

I hope this was just a friend, or you, my friend, would win the loser of the day price!
go for the strat, strats are guitars, not like bc rich, those are pieces of wood with strings on it
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Quote by dudeman_andy
Go for a strat man, try and get a second hand american deluxe. Those are some sweet guitars.

Either that or try and find an american standard on sale, they retail for 1,000 i believe, so you can either try and haggle with the GC dudes, or go on a holiday when they have a sale..

I got my american deluxe for 20% off on black friday.
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
strats are good guitars, but I'd take a MIM tele over an american strat anyday. But its all preference, so if you like strats, go for it!
Anyways, both the CP 60's strat and the Lite Ash Strat are great guitars. Trust me, you'll be happy with either of them. Just try them out and see which you perfer.
a gibosn faded sc for about 800$, or go with a strat or a tele.

some thing like a Fender Deluxe Fat Strat,Fender Standard Floyd Rose Stratocaster,
Fender Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar Ash, if you liek ash. idk thier just some ideas
If you don't like the look of the BC Rich Warlock then how about a Wesley Black gothic "Stealth Dragon" ?
$800 is plently for a first guitar, there are loads in that price range so go to your local guitar ship and just play all the ones you like the look of and then play friends guitars aswell and then make an educated decision. Also strats are bad ass, all white ftw!
Kit:

Tanglewood TW28STR
PRS Soapbar SE II
Epiphone LP100

Roland Cube 30x (New!)
If anyone sees a Lite Ash Strat being blown out at a local store due it being discontinued, please post the name and number of the store...thanks
Quote by piefaceFX

WHAT! !
Quote by piefaceFX

wow... you might wanna watch ur mouth lolz!
Quote by HaKattack
Pop Tarts. Strudels are a Austrian invention; Hitler was also from Austria.
Obviously, Toaster Strudels are the same as Toaster NAZIS.
As a side note if you do decide to get a BC Rich Warlock make sure you take the pickups out and snap off the headstock. That way it will sound better when you strum the fretboard
Strats are okay, I've just never really liked them.

Go to your local music shop and try some guitars out. We can't tell you what to buy.
"Acoustic Guitars are totally lame and not metal"- Nathan Explosion