Ok so im replacin the electronics and pickups in my guitar, and im confused...i have a couple of questions that would be awesome if u answered:

1. How can i figure out which wire goes to which and stuff, im goin from jackson stock pickups to Seymour Duncans...and i cant find Jackson wiring diagrams.

2. What does it when something is supposed to be grounded? im gonna copper plate the control cavity and i havent been able to figure out what that means...

3. The capacitor on my 500K tone pot has no markings on it, how do i know what value it is.

4. I'm gettin 2 humbuckers but leaving the old single coil in my Jackson PS4...will they be compatible?

5. My lever switch thingy has 8 soldering joints...will this work for a replacement? It's H/S/H, one tone and one volume pots, if that helps.

6. I also have a Jackson Floyd rose in it and it has a wire soldered on it from the clamp thingy to the vol pot...

7. Should i just replicate the layout of wires and crap or should i find some diff one...if u kno of one thats better.

I realize this is a lot of questions but any help would be welcome!
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
why would you need jackson wiring diagrams if your putting seymour duncans in?
just go to the seymour duncan site they have like hundreds of diagrams.

And yea you can mix different brands of pickups. Just as long as you dont mix active and passives.

As for the capacitors it doesnt really matter, I would upgrade to some nice orange drops and go for the values that give you better sound
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
yeah, wait u mean just buy all the kind i can then solder them on and off and see which sounds best? and also what does grounding mean
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
www.seymourduncan.com has a wide aray of wiring diagrams to help you on this.

To ground something you solder it to a piece of bare metal, usually the bottom of the potentiometer. It's always a good idea to have all of your ground on the same pot and then run a wire to the trem claw for a final ground.

The jackson single coil will be compatible as it is a passive pickup like the seymours

the wiring diagram on duncans website should show how to wire the switch.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=HSH_1v_1t_5w
here's the diagram
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by rancidryan
take it to a luthier its obvious you have no clue

Right, now that's not helping anyone. GTFO.
you can also use the 5 way to coil tap the humbuckers if you like but if this is your first time wiring, I don't recomend attempting that just yet, you can always crack her back open and wire that later
Thanks
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
one more thing, the size of the capacitor determines the amount of high end your tone pot cuts when you turn it down. If you don't use that alot, don't worry about the size of the capacitor.