What's up guys, i've FINALLY got my amp, i've been waiting so long! SOOOO stoked with the sound so far and i haven't really played around with it yet. But basically it's a triple rec 3 channel version going through a mesa recto cabinet, with a maxon od808 pedal, boss ns-2 etc etc. I'm looking for a good compressor, anyone know of any??
keeley compressors are some of the best you can get. get ready to spend a few bucks, though.
Barber, Menatone, Atomic, Janglebox, Keeley. All excellent; the barber is almost certainly the best bang for your buck.
Dyna Comp. End.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
If you can afford one, Keeley. IF you want one on a budget, get a DOD Milkbox and mod it to true bypass and upgrade the caps and resistors to higher quality ones.
cheers guys, to be honest budget isn't a problem at the moment, i'm working SO much it's not kool ha! you guys got any idea about good eq's too!??
haha fairplay, i'm from the uk though man so no radio shack for me!! i'm on a mission to get my ultimate tone!
Tweak your rig so you don't need an EQ. EQ pedals are noisy and a pain in the ass; use them only if you really have to.
what would you suggest for tweaking then?? can't really think of much to take away more mids without it sounding too scooped!
Different tubes, cables, strings, pick, pickups, speakers. Lots of things can change your tone.
If your amp still has the stock tubes and speaker in it, a set of EH or Svetlana power tubes, some tung-sol preamp tubes, and a speaker change would help.
IF you want more pedals get a ISP Decimator and sell your boss. Or get phaser, flanger,delay, wah, or whammy.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Kool man, well I am running standard sovteks through the triple rec, have you got any reccomendations for any tubes other then the ones stated? Like I said, i'm trying to cut out some of the hi-mids. I'm thinking about the mesa blue tubes??! that's literally the only problem with my sound, a bit too much hi-mids
^i just recently got a MXR super comp, pretty nice pedal. However, i would get a delay or EQ if you don't already have those.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
I have a Maxon CP101 and it's very transparent.

I also have the MXR M108 and think it's a very useful and versatile .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by ollievk
Kool man, well I am running standard sovteks through the triple rec, have you got any reccomendations for any tubes other then the ones stated? Like I said, i'm trying to cut out some of the hi-mids. I'm thinking about the mesa blue tubes??! that's literally the only problem with my sound, a bit too much hi-mids

Mesa tubes are sovteks, they'd be the same tubes you have in there. Electro-harmonix power tubes will knock the high-mids down pretty well.
Quote by Roc8995
Tweak your rig so you don't need an EQ. EQ pedals are noisy and a pain in the ass; use them only if you really have to.

My EQ doesn't add any noise.

If you're looking at tubes, I'd suggest some JJs in the power section and Tung-Sols in the preamp, great combo and is still my favorite by far.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
^ya, EQ's don't produce any noise, compressors on the other hand do........at least mine does haha, but its still pretty sweet.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Last edited by jerm__ at Feb 22, 2008,
Yeh, i know hetfield uses like 4 parametric eq's. Has anyone got a good idea about rack EQ's?!? there's literally so many i've got no idea where to start, any help would be awesome, cheers guys!
I wouldn't get into rack gear. It's just my opinion, but ifyou already have single pedals, might as well just stick with them. Rack gear can get expensive as well. For a good cheap EQ get a DOD 40B-EQ.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
I searched for a good long time for the right compressor. I ended up with everything from Boss to keeley and just about everything in the middle.

For Clear, transparent, quit compression I like the 4 knob version of the sigma comp perchased from www.cmatmods.com If you want a bit more squish then look at his 4 knob ross clone.

If you don't mind a bit of noise and can handle spending days learning to use the thing, try to find yourself a Guyatone TC-X Tube Compressor. It has the an amazing singing quality to it's tone and has more versitility than any compressor pedal I've ever seen. One of the best fetures is that it will let you mix the wet and dry signals for a really really fat warm tone. Unfortunatly it's been discontinued so you will have to do a bit of looking to find one.
Not taking any online orders.
yeh i've heard good stuff about mxr pedals. i just think with rack stuff you've got more versatility and further options with pedals etc, plus i'm working 7 day weeks at the moment, so i'll soon have the money