Okay, I have my practical exam for music in one year-ish, but the teacher's asking about our pieces now, but I'm not sure what I want to play.

I can play solo, or in a band, or both.

So far I want to do:

1. Chromatic Fantasy by Bach arranged for bass by Jaco.
2. PoT if I can get it down well enough.
3. No idea.
4. No idea.
5. No idea.
6. No idea.

So help me out please? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, thanks guys
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
how about (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth? the well known cliff burton bass solo, thats about all i can think of really lol
Quote by Heilz
When backstage and talkin to the ladies i always go with the ¨Mines is bigger than theirs¨ argument as me bro holds hes guitar and i take out my bass... It works wonders @,@

Gear list:
Squire Affinity P-Bass
Ashdown Mag300 Evo II
Boss ODB-3
Play a J.S. Bach Cello Suite, I recommend Preadium(prelude) from Suite #1. They are fairly difficult and well known. Also they are something that isn't Jaco. Jaco is great and all, but if you're not a bass play you might not get it.

Plus I personally don't think his rendition of Chromatic Fantasy sounds all that great without a backing track.
what's it for? gcse, A levels, a degree?

if its for gcse then you don't need to bring out the big guns like jaco, i just got into university by playing sir duke so i'm sure that's good enough for a gcse grade
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Buy a Rockschool book, get anything above grade 3, and play something from there. You don't need to play anything hard at all!

And choose your piece, and start learning it NOW, I got really stressed as I realized I wouldn't be able to pull off a certain song cleanly in time for my exam, and then having to learn another song!
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Quote by Welsh Guitar
Buy a Rockschool book, get anything above grade 3, and play something from there. You don't need to play anything hard at all!

And choose your piece, and start learning it NOW, I got really stressed as I realized I wouldn't be able to pull off a certain song cleanly in time for my exam, and then having to learn another song!

For A level? Especially as it's Rockschool. A level requires a pretty high level of skill to get the best marks. Play the hardest pieces you can comfortably play. No need to strech yourself too much.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
School Days from Stanley clark
Anything from Jeff SChmidt
Maybe Norweigean wood from victor wooten?

those would blow them away, if you can nail them.

Or pull a Meshell N'deageocello and don't play in the band but arrange it.
Quote by gm jack
For A level? Especially as it's Rockschool. A level requires a pretty high level of skill to get the best marks. Play the hardest pieces you can comfortably play. No need to strech yourself too much.

For any guitar exam board, at AS Level the standard level is grade 5, the advanced is grade 6. For A2, the standard is 6, the advanced is 7.

I know, because I've argued with my lecturers about it. I'm doing one grade 6, and one grade 8.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Stu HAmm the solo in san fransisco. Now that would be impressive
Quote by bootyguard
Or when my parents found out that i was having sex in my car my mom let me know cause she started making me 2 sandwhiches i was like "why 2?" and shes like "well you've been doing a lot of exercise recently". my face literally looked like this
Quote by elemenohpee
Play a J.S. Bach Cello Suite, I recommend Preadium(prelude) from Suite #1. They are fairly difficult and well known. Also they are something that isn't Jaco. Jaco is great and all, but if you're not a bass play you might not get it.

Plus I personally don't think his rendition of Chromatic Fantasy sounds all that great without a backing track.

I was gonna only go to the end of the soloed piece, no?

Quote by skater dan0
what's it for? gcse, A levels, a degree?

if its for gcse then you don't need to bring out the big guns like jaco, i just got into university by playing sir duke so i'm sure that's good enough for a gcse grade

It's Leaving Cert, school here is different to school in the UK, most people (I know) are 16/17 doing their GCSE's, here they're usually 18.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
i'm guessing because you're 17 that a leaving cert is a lower qualification that a gcse so my point still stands, you don't need to play the hardest thing in the world you just need to play something that sounds good and is comfortable to play
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
i'm guessing because you're 17 that a leaving cert is a lower qualification that a gcse so my point still stands, you don't need to play the hardest thing in the world you just need to play something that sounds good and is comfortable to play

Leaving cert is a higher qualification than a GCSE though, I won't be sitting the written exams for another 15 months.
Quote by Demonikk
+1

Quote by Charlatan_001