Link to the recording is at the bottom. Its the song we wrote and are going to play at my schools talent show

Credit:

Lyrics/Vocals by Austin Guenther

Lead Guitar (The one that starts off clean) - Josh Makler - thats me and I play the 2nd and 4th solo at the end

Rhythm Guitar - Mickey Nolan - plays the first and 3rd solos at the end

Bass Guitar - Ken Ash - Bass Solo towards the end

Drums - Sean Elliot

there are some errors here, and I used a distortion pedal that cut my sound for a split second in the middle... this is pretty much just a rough draft of the song we did to show the Talent Show Committee we had it done...

On this version I had a different vocalist singing, the one I'm playing with live will prolly do it in a higher voice...

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/spiroth10/

it's the song titled "My Eyes"

comments, critiques?
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Last edited by spiroth10 at Feb 21, 2008,
I thought it was well done. Generally the guitars were far too quiet, especially for lead parts. The drums overtook the sound in the guitar leads. The vocals need a bit of work. I'm not to fond of the voice when it is strained. Singing softly(beginning) it was pleasant, but when pushed voice seemed to crack.
Good job though.
....um overall the song sounded good...just could have been mixed a little better but since this was just a demo its fine...oh and i really like ure vocalist i tried to imagine to myself what a higher voice would sound like but honestly in my head it didnt sound as good...the only complaint i had with the singer was at like the 2:30 mark...the "yea yea yea" or whatever he was singing sounded too strained other than that it was good tho..oh and yea back to the music the whole thing was really well composed i thought and the solo's were pretty sick
Sounded pretty good to me. But it sounds familar, cool nonetheless
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
The dueling lead guitars is a cool idea for a live performance, but it was pretty apparent to me that you are better than the other guitarist by quite a bit. His solos were very beginner sounding, I have to assume he was improvising? So you should make sure that he writes and practices his solos, otherwise it will look like you are showing him up at the talent show.
Quote by rwd5k
The dueling lead guitars is a cool idea for a live performance, but it was pretty apparent to me that you are better than the other guitarist by quite a bit. His solos were very beginner sounding, I have to assume he was improvising? So you should make sure that he writes and practices his solos, otherwise it will look like you are showing him up at the talent show.

hahah yeah and thanks. He was improvising on weird scale forms that didnt really fit the piece, and I pretty much play mine the same way consistently (mostly/entirely off the pentatonic scale I think...)

Im in the process of trying to get him to simplifying it, and making it consistent without offending him, I like how he made the rhythm fuller though.

an entirely different person will be singing it live too, so Im not sure how it'll sound.

as for the guitar volume, It had to be low in my basement where the recording was done. I have my amp set on 2 for clean and 3 for dirty for practice, and I dont really have a volume pedal (+ amp is 2 channel), so I can't up my solo volume from the rhythmic one.

thanks and more crits are definitely welcome.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q