Page 1 of 2
Well I noticed that alot of people on this site seem to hate these bands and some of them don't seem like good reasons but too them they are good reasons, so I listed the bands I see that are hated by most people on this site and reasons why many people claim how they suck

Dragonforce - Well a large majority of people in this site hate them there's too many to list but some of them happen to be the fact that they are famous because of guitar hero

Megadeth - Don't really know much about them and why they are hated but I've noticed that alot of people on UG hate them, could someone explain why

Fall Out Boy - They're hated by most of UGers mainly for the fact that they think that members of FOB are gay which didn't stop them from liking Queen (well Freddie Mercury in general) and also the fact that they're really popular, and their music isn't very difficult

Nirvana - mainly hated because they were really popular and influential and everyone says they're overrated and the fact that Kurt Cobain only uses power chords

Any Pop Punk Band (Bands like Green Day, Blink 182, Sum 41, MCR, etc.) - well they're hated for the same reasons as Nirvana (sept the influential part) but mostly cuz of their popularity and use of only power chords, and MCR is hated cuz people think that they are emo.

Any Emo Band - well alot of people don't know what emo actually is so they believe that bands like FOB and MCR are emo thus rendering that emo sucks

I'd like comments and additions to this and also they reason why many UGer's hate Megadeth mainly because I don't realy know to much about them.
I wouldn't say Megadeth is widely hated, but some people think Dave Mustaine is a prick.
Quote by Jminnich500
yea last week me and my freind kyle were in the bathroom at school and this kid was takin a **** so we decided to make a piss arch over the stall and onto his face...it was priceless
There are alot of people on this board with varying opinions. I think this is a pointless thread.
Quote by MetalMusicianAl
wtf who hates megadeth.

My sentiments exactly.
If anything, I think they are more respected.
Quote by Jminnich500
yea last week me and my freind kyle were in the bathroom at school and this kid was takin a **** so we decided to make a piss arch over the stall and onto his face...it was priceless
Quote by MetalMusicianAl
wtf who hates megadeth.

Dunno I just happen to see a bunch of megadeth haters on UG
Anything pop punk - ish will get a beating.
But why tell you so. I am sure you have used the "search bar" and found that out before making this thread.
falloutboy isnt hated because ppl think their gay, their hated because they are rewarded for little to no work, completley sold out to a major label (thus changing their style) and because that pete guy is a prick

that being said, im a slight fan, the only one of them i dont like is that pete guy
A lot of peolpe hate Razorlight, though I don't know if they're hated much on UG...

Probably

GAS
Throbak Stonebender | Fulltone Deja Vibe | Catalinbread Semaphore
Quote by Opus Pocus
I wouldn't say Megadeth is widely hated, but some people think Dave Mustaine is a prick.

+1.

You'll find a lot of people who like Megadeth around here, especially during the Marty Friedman years; they were a good band that influenced many people looking to get into metal.

However, Dave Mustaine is an absolute 8===D, as has been proven by his track record with Metallica and countless feuds with other bands.
There isn't one single band that is hated all around on UG.

The main stereotype?

"All of my bands are great. Your bands are shit. End of story."

THAT'S what you're referring to.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
completely wrong about the majority hating Megadeth
--
--
I'm Always Thinking...

--
--
Quote by nt1440
falloutboy isnt hated because ppl think their gay, their hated because they are rewarded for little to no work, completley sold out to a major label (thus changing their style) and because that pete guy is a prick

that being said, im a slight fan, the only one of them i dont like is that pete guy

Yes cus they were death metal before the label change...
Quote by fallenangel20

The main stereotype?

what this man sed is true. I hate megadeth because of his vocals..they're terrible there's no way you can justify that. But i do respect them for their instrumental talent tho..
Quote by fallenangel20

The main stereotype?

Well wouldn't you agree that of all the bands that are bashed on this site those happen to pop up the most
Dragonforce is using studio tricks to speed up their shred and they can't show us their speed and guitar skills live - thats why they suck!

Megadeth isn't cool - it sucks because it isn't Metallica :-)

Emo bands suck because only few men with makeup looks cool - mainly Ozzy and Dawid Bowie - it's sooooo arty and stylish! Others don't! It looks gay! Man with makeup, stupid hair and with baaad dressing style who is constantly screaming and moaning because his girlfriend left him five albums before now isn't cool - it's piece of s*** called EMO! Only 15 yo girls and few boys at the same age like emo! We just don't like EMO because it's GAY! True men don't fall inn love! And don't kill koyotes :-)

Power chords sucks.

Being gay emo sucks.

Life sucks.

My GF sucks :-P
Last edited by incockgnito at Feb 21, 2008,
Quote by incockgnito
Dragonforce is using studio tricks to speed up their shred - thats why they suck!

Megadeth isn't cool - it sucks because it isn't Metallica :-)

Emo bands suck because only few men with makeup looks cool - mainly Ozzy and Dawid Bowie - it's sooooo arty and stylish! Others don't! It looks gay! Men with makeup who is constantly screaming and moaning because his girlfriend left him 5 albums before isn't cool - it's piece of s*** called EMO! We just don't like EMO because it's GAY! True men don't fall inn love! And don't kill koyotes :-)

Power chords sucks.

Being gay emo sucks.

Life sucks.

My GF sucks :-P

...You said that like it's an actual answer.
Quote by chinkboy7
Well wouldn't you agree that of all the bands that are bashed on this site those happen to pop up the most

They're bashed because it's the "cool" thing to do. Most of the time, the people who say things have very rarely seriously listened to the band.

DragonForce bashers are the worst when it comes to this.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
now i can only speak for myself here but ill give you a few of the reason i like/dislike bands

Dragonforce - my reason- there music is pretty cheesy, now a lot of the time a can stand cheesyness, but this is over the top

Megadeth - there not hated at all really, dave is a prick to people like slayer and metallica, i dont like megadeth because there music could grow on me. maybe ill give them another chance though

Fall Out Boy - i hate em coz beleive it or not i used to listen to em once, reason= i fancied a girl who liked em and wanted to get her attention (luckily i didnt coz shes a mardy cow) it doesnt seem fair since it was no ones fault but my own. But i look back now and think, why did i listen to this, none of it is relevent to me.

Nirvana - i dont hate them at all, in fact there good, grunge isnt meant to be talented as far as i know, just about good song lyrics, thats my opnion

Any Pop Punk Band- pop punk as in blink and good charlotte, suck to me, same reason as fall out boy (not the girl part) lyrics irelevent to me, rather boring
but pop punk like NOFX lagwagon and bad religion rule, there good at writing songs and still have some good riffs

Any Emo Band - emo=fashion
if you still think its the term for the genre 'emotion hardcore punk' you are living in the past.

my two cents
Most people on UG hate any band that's sold more than 1 million records.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by incockgnito

Emo bands suck because only few men with makeup looks cool - mainly Ozzy and Dawid Bowie - it's sooooo arty and stylish! Others don't! It looks gay! Man with makeup, stupid hair and with baaad dressing style who is constantly screaming and moaning because his girlfriend left him five albums before now isn't cool - it's piece of s*** called EMO! Only 15 yo girls and few boys at the same age like emo! We just don't like EMO because it's GAY! True men don't fall inn love! And don't kill koyotes :-)

Bowie's a ****.
Quote by incockgnito
Dragonforce is using studio tricks to speed up their shred - thats why they suck!

Considering they don't...

They do what any self respecting band would do, and make sure the studio production is perfect. They are simply hated due to a load of Youtube clips of botched performences. In actual fact, they are very good at what they do (see the performance at Download 07 on YouTube as an example). Even when people laugh at Li struggling with a chord name in a lesson, they fail to notice he is sweeping far faster and cleaner than they can. Their live act had really tightened up the past year or so, and it was also pretty good at the very start.

They are all damn players. They just had a period where they would get smashed before shows, and then try to play a whole harmonised passage a semitone out.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by JamieB
Most people on UG hate any band that's sold more than 1 million records.

that's true with most of the haters I've seen on this site
I would pick out out Dragonforce and Megadeth.
Dragonforce may not be liked, but I don't that they are hated.
The hated bands are hated because they didn't work hard for their success and make cheap stuff.
Dragonforce members worked a lot so even though I don't like them, I don't hate them.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by gm jack
Considering they don't...

They do what any self respecting band would do, and make sure the studio production is perfect. They are simply hated due to a load of Youtube clips of botched performences. In actual fact, they are very good at what they do (see the performance at Download 07 on YouTube as an example). Even when people laugh at Li struggling with a chord name in a lesson, they fail to notice he is sweeping far faster and cleaner than they can. Their live act had really tightened up the past year or so, and it was also pretty good at the very start.

They are all damn players. They just had a period where they would get smashed before shows, and then try to play a whole harmonised passage a semitone out.

You know what's just really annoying? How nobody can beat Through the Fire and Flames on guitar hero so all the GH kids who have never picked up a real axe before think Herman Li is the worlds best guitarist and just won't shut up....

I hate their live act, but I won't say that Herman Li sucks. Totman, yes. Li is ok though.
I love Megadeth. I like Metallica equally as much. I know that Dave can be an asshole, though.
I hate Megadeth cos of Mustaine. He's an ass. Don't like his guitar style, singing, song writing or the impression of his attitude I have.

So that's what it is for me.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
90% of the people on this site don't know what real pop punk or emo is. Oh well, what can you do?
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Page 1 of 2