I'm in the middle of making my bong, but I've run into one small little problem. I have no idea what to use for a stem.

Has anyone else ever made a bong, and if so, what are some everyday things you can use for the stem?
Quote by MightyAl
Babies are simply there to remind you that sex isn't always consequence-free fun. The bastards.
How about bamboo?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
The pen part already crossed my mind, but I'm leaning more towards a metal piece as to not accidentally inhale some plastic from the pen.
Quote by MightyAl
Babies are simply there to remind you that sex isn't always consequence-free fun. The bastards.
lol i've always thought that the little glass funnels in chemistry labs would work great as a bowl and stem, and a graduated cylinder or a large flask would make a great bong.
i got the perfect thing. i get bored in welding class so i discover things that bongs could be made out of. do you have a ratchet set around your house with a 15mm socket in it??
depends on what the chamber is made of if you can find a tire gauge take it apart use that it wont melt and then you can make it into a crack pipe for later. wont that be awesome
Quote by Deadmen
Wait for them by your door, and when they come.
Jump out with your wiener just hanging there and yell "Surprise!"
They'll never talk to you again, also make shure to helicoptor it a bit.

Memeber #665 of the Ibanez RG owners of the world club
Last edited by joshjebl at Feb 21, 2008,
I've seen people use straws, pens, twigs... all kinds of things. Be creative.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
use a pen as the stem and cut a cone out of an aluminum can to use as the bowl. then put some aluminum foil over the cone and poke holes in it to keep stuff from falling through. then insert thin end of cone into one end of the pen and the other end of the pen into your bong.
Old king cole was a merry old soul, a merry old soul was he.
He called for his pipe, and he called for his bowl( ****ing stoner)
and he called information for numbers he could have easily looked up in the phone book.
because aluminum is not plastic, it;s metal and it's not going to create toxic fumes. thats why buddy. The whole point of using an aluminum bowl is to not have the flame come in contact with the plastic pen. What you think the smoke traveling through the pen is gonna burn it?
and he called information for numbers he could have easily looked up in the phone book.
ya stick with my nifty crack pipe invention cuz aluminum foil DOES put off toxic fumes dude. it causes alzheimers and cancer. the problem is the aluminum burns. stay away from that carbon **** its the devil
Quote by Deadmen

Oh **** I've never heard about that before. I just did some research and, while aluminum has NOT been proven to cause Alzheimers, it has be shown that every person with Alzheimers has had a higher than normal percentage of aluminum in their brain. I will admit when im wrong, and I would say that using aluminum is probably not the best choice. It's not proven, but im not taking any chances anymore. Luckily i haven't smoked out of aluminum more than 2 or 3 times.
Quote by Dumpweedrock
Oh **** I've never heard about that before. I just did some research and, while aluminum has NOT been proven to cause Alzheimers, it has be shown that every person with Alzheimers has had a higher than normal percentage of aluminum in their brain. I will admit when im wrong, and I would say that using aluminum is probably not the best choice. It's not proven, but im not taking any chances anymore. Luckily i haven't smoked out of aluminum more than 2 or 3 times.

thx for researching that dude. i wasnt trying to bust your chops but ive heard that for a long time.
Quote by Deadmen

A pen will melt.

Just go to your local hardware store, and for less then $2 you can get everything you need in the plumbing section.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by Dumpweedrock
because aluminum is not plastic, it;s metal and it's not going to create toxic fumes. thats why buddy. The whole point of using an aluminum bowl is to not have the flame come in contact with the plastic pen. What you think the smoke traveling through the pen is gonna burn it?

Hate to burst your bubble, but aluminum does let off toxic fumes.

Metal pen tube?
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
i used parts from a bbq lighter once.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by Dumpweedrock

you're right

Quote by joshjebl
ya stick with my nifty crack pipe invention cuz aluminum foil DOES put off toxic fumes dude. it causes alzheimers and cancer. the problem is the aluminum burns. stay away from that carbon **** its the devil

you're wrong

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/32056

smoking out of aluminum foil is actually one of the safest things you can use. and by using a cut out piece of aluminum to put between the pen and foil, you dont have the flame in contact with plastic (which does let off toxic flames).
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
It's not the smoke going through the pen that will melt it, it's the hot air that goes along with it. Not to mention the bowl piece itself gets hot from use. Trust me, I've tried pens before and they always melt.
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
glorious your wrong ive smoked out of tinfoil many times it turn to ash after bout five bowls now why would it do that if it isnt burning. not to mention the f-ed up taste.. i'm sorry but your anonymous source is weak as hell
beat it but dont worry bout deleting it
Quote by Deadmen

ok so you can put some kerosine in it and then some line the inside with paper and then light it and then get a life.
Quote by 4arebetter
i got the perfect thing. i get bored in welding class so i discover things that bongs could be made out of. do you have a ratchet set around your house with a 15mm socket in it??

They make tasty cones, but you don't really want to risk inhaling aluminium, it's sehr bad, apparently.
I use a bit of copper pipe I found lying around...
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Get some papers and roll a joint?
If there are no papers at hand, and your not terribly religous
you can use bible pages to roll it in. Friend did it, I can see how it would work

if all else fails, watter bottle, cut a hole in the back, use tinfoil for the bowl ( I've always used it, and i'm fine. ) voila, you've got a bong.
call me Shelby

easiest home-made bong

get a bottle, any kind of plastic. make a hole 1/3 of the way from the bottom, get a pen tube and stick it in. now get a socket, whatever size you want, preferably the kind that fits the pen. then the safest/best screen is the filter from under a sink. get that out and cut it to fit tightly in the socket. i have one of these and i reuse it all the time and attatch it to different homemade bongs. now burn a hole 2/3 up the bottle for your shotgun. fill up with water right above first hole you made. put pen in hole, put socket on pen, pack, light with thumb on shotgun, inhale, release shotgun, enjoy.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
use your computer....
I never pass solids, but then again my pee is very thick.
Quote by Vincent745
Quote by grayfox1001
Quote by Vincent745
Your being too opinionated
is that even possible?
Yes it is..
Quote by sweeping_steve
use your computer....

OMG, computer bong FTW!

You could rig one of those water-cooling systems to filter the smoke and cool it down!
And add some bitchin' neons so the smoke would be all colorful!

I wanna see pics of someone doing it!
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H