I play death metal and I'm really looking for a good half stack

I've been looking at the Peavey VK and a Creat blue voodoo. And for the cab i'm looking at the Behringer Ultrastack and Peavey Windsor...

Any advice?
first question, do you need one?
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

It's really metal to have a half stack, eh.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
get the peavey cab, it's a toss up between the heads...why not just get a windsor 1/2 stack? they sound great in high gain settings
+1 on not needing a halfstack but want them anyways! combos are overrated. I'd say go for a high gain head like engl, peavey, mesa, or randall.
I would shoot myself if I saw someone running a Blue voodoo through a Behringer Ultrastack.

I'm a Crate Fanboy. >.<
go with avatar. youll ave a ton of money and great quality. plus you can get v'30s which sound awsome.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
With anything in that price range, you will need a pedal. The BV is good, heavy as fukc though. By itself, it cant do very heavy music
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
Quote by sg622
go with avatar. youll ave a ton of money and great quality. plus you can get v'30s which sound awsome.

Yeah, plus if you bought a Blue Voodoo, the V30s are what Crate used in the Blue Voodoo's cabinets. So it'd match up nicely.

Avatar are still higher than the price he's looking at for cabs if he wants 4x12 though.

Quote by zanz1bar
With anything in that price range, you will need a pedal. The BV is good, heavy as fukc though. By itself, it cant do very heavy music

Erm, Cannibal Corpse and dope are two heavy bands I can think of off the bat that use/used them.
Last edited by -Collapse- at Feb 21, 2008,
may I suggest the new line of randall amps? I have heard some decent reviews.
"People worry too much about tone instead of just rocking out"
Quote by Panda666
Yeah...I really do

why??
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by OhioState
Try a b-52 at100 and the matching cab. You wont need a pedal.

Thou the b-52 has a decent metal tone it has no balls what so ever, My rythm guitarist uses one, Its constantly dimed out and everyone struggles to hear him, They dont cut through the mix whatsoever. My marshall cuts through the mix 100x better and is louder on level 3 then his on 10. The only thing he has on me is a good tight low end chug.
Quote by JaredFace
Thou the b-52 has a decent metal tone it has no balls what so ever, My rythm guitarist uses one, Its constantly dimed out and everyone struggles to hear him, They dont cut through the mix whatsoever. My marshall cuts through the mix 100x better and is louder on level 3 then his on 10. The only thing he has on me is a good tight low end chug.

Price range, TS?
"If you tell anybody about these trees.. I WILL CUT YOU!!" - Bob Ross

Gear
Ibanez RG470 | '87 Peavey Predator LMT
Peavey 5150!! | Vader 212!! | Crate GLX65
MXR Dime Dist | Crybaby | Boss TU-80 | ISP Decimator

My Band - Under the Blade
price range TS? not following.
Quote by JaredFace
price range TS? not following.

Oh... woops. I don't know why it quoted you... sorry.

I was just wondering the thread starter's price range.
"If you tell anybody about these trees.. I WILL CUT YOU!!" - Bob Ross

Gear
Ibanez RG470 | '87 Peavey Predator LMT
Peavey 5150!! | Vader 212!! | Crate GLX65
MXR Dime Dist | Crybaby | Boss TU-80 | ISP Decimator

My Band - Under the Blade
Quote by stevenexp
+1 on not needing a halfstack but want them anyways! combos are overrated. I'd say go for a high gain head like engl, peavey, mesa, or randall.

First part, phail. Half stacks are barely ever needed.

Second part, if he's looking at a Behringer cab, I'm pretty sure he can't afford a Engle or Mesa.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
Second part, if he's looking at a Behringer cab, I'm pretty sure he can't afford a Engle or Mesa.

I don't know.....I've seen some really rich dudes play on some really crummy gear and I've seen people survive on multivitamins and ramen noodles while playing Diezel's and Bogner's.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall
I don't know.....I've seen some really rich dudes play on some really crummy gear and I've seen people survive on multivitamins and ramen noodles while playing Diezel's and Bogner's.

HAHAHA ****ING RIGHT......AINT THAT THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by the.spine.surfs
TS, both cabs you listed are poor, at best. Stick to an Avatar or Vader 2x12".

+1

A quality 2x12 kicks the crap out of a lame 4x12 every time, IMHO. And you can get an Avatar 4x12 for less than a Peavey that would be better, too.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
So...I've actually decided on a head...I'm going with the 6505 from peavey. It's the newer version of the 5150. I just need a Cab...
nice nice. go used for a marshall 1960a cab if you are set on a 4x12. if you're on a budget and don't wanna go used, look into [good] 2x12's.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008