I currently play an A&L Cedar which for the price is an amazing acoustic guitar. But I often find myself struggling to make songs meant for electric guitars to sound good on the acoustic (Duh...). My birthday is coming up and I decided I want a new electric guitar setup to compliment my acoustic. Parents want to keep it around $200 or less but I'd be willing to kick in a bit to bump that up for a better guitar. I'm going to worry about the amp later. I really enjoy playing all kinds of music, so I'd like to get something pretty versatile, with either a mix of humbuckers and single coils or at least humbuckers that are versatile. I know I don't want and SG (Brother has the Epiphone G-400, can't copy him now can I? ) but other than that I'm not sure. Been looking at fat strat types (Pacifica 112 and such) on ebay and other places but haven't really found anything that I really liked. I'm definitely open to getting something used but I'm not sure what to look for. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Nathan
Go for the fat strats... make sure you get a coil tap with it. Oh yeah go used if possible. I had an Aria STG004 which was a fat strat with a coil tap. The action was GORGEOUS (might be due to set up), but it kept going out of tune. i dont think there is that much variation in the price range your looking at.

Anyway good luck.
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes"

"Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through"

Quote by piefaceFX
I highly recommend the BC Rich Warlock Bronze series

uuuuuuuuuuum no.
VM fat strat
really awesome
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
fat strats (and similar) are cool for versatility. what type of music do you play? how long will it be till you can afford an amp? etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
pacifica is a very good starter guitar. It was my first guitar and it held up great and sounded good for any style. Mine started wearing out after a year and a bit(mostly because I didn't take care of it) but that's about the time I wanted a new guitar so it worked out.
ps-I still use it for fun today
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Id say if you have about 350ish go with a schecter gryphon, it has all the feateures you wanted, versatile, coil tappers, GREAT action and overall a pretty sweet looking guitar.
P.S. if you only spend 200$ on a guitar i can pretty much assure you that you probably wont like it (it wouldnt possibly compare with your brothers SG)
Guitar Gear: (Best To Crappiest)
1) Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus (Must Have)
2) Line 6 Flextone III XL (Go With The Triple Rectifier Setting)
4)Schecter Gryphon (Coil Tapper)
3)Fender Lite Ash Tele (Sweet Finish)
4Zoom Fire-18 Amp
Quote by mrxtreme_4
pacifica is a very good starter guitar. It was my first guitar and it held up great and sounded good for any style. Mine started wearing out after a year and a bit(mostly because I didn't take care of it) but that's about the time I wanted a new guitar so it worked out.
ps-I still use it for fun today

Sweet Gear dude, specialy the Flextone (REPRESENT YO!)
Guitar Gear: (Best To Crappiest)
1) Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus (Must Have)
2) Line 6 Flextone III XL (Go With The Triple Rectifier Setting)
4)Schecter Gryphon (Coil Tapper)
3)Fender Lite Ash Tele (Sweet Finish)
4Zoom Fire-18 Amp
You should probably convince your parents to let you save up so you can get something better.
MY GEAR
Bella
Ibanez Gio
Cube-20X
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Adz2706
the worst ive seen is a guy kick this other guy in the head repeatedly and had to be taken to hospital in a helicopter

Who the hell would build a Hospital inside of a Helicopter?
Yamaha Pacifica 112. Amazing guitar for the money. You will not be disappointed.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Quote by guitarguy5
Sweet Gear dude, specialy the Flextone (REPRESENT YO!)

haha yea, except you have the 2x12 version...which makes me jealous
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Quote by Red Exodus
You should probably convince your parents to let you save up so you can get something better.

x2

Save save save.

Then get something you really want and will take care of.

As for making electric songs sound good on a acoustic..... Well, acoustics generally take a lot more effort to make anything sound good compared to a electric. BUT, whether you realize it or not, learning on a acoustic will make playing a electric sooooo much easier.
get an epiphone there awsome for the price. i like firebird they are like 300 i think they sound better then the gibson with minihumbuckers