I was thinking of getting a custom shop carvin (dc400cw) this summer if i get a job and I was thinking about getting gold hardware but I dont know if the color fades away with use. Does it?

Thanks for any help i get
I think so. I have a guitar with gold hardware from the 70's, and you can hardly tell that it's gold any more. You may not need to replace the hardware for 30 years, but it's not going to look gold forever.
Either way, I plan to get a custom shop BC Rich this summer, and I'm getting gold hardware. Just 'cause I think it looks cool!
Go for what you like.
I don't think it does, I have a guitar from somewhere between 70's and 80's with gold hardware and it still looks new.

I think it depends on what kind. Like if it's gold plate, then it won't last long.
sigh...
That is very possible, mine is a cheaper model. It is very possible that it is of a lower plating quality.
Quote by Johnthewrench
I think so. I have a guitar with gold hardware from the 70's, and you can hardly tell that it's gold any more. You may not need to replace the hardware for 30 years, but it's not going to look gold forever.
Either way, I plan to get a custom shop BC Rich this summer, and I'm getting gold hardware. Just 'cause I think it looks cool!
Go for what you like.

I MUST know about this!