I've had numbness/tingling in the last two fingers of my left hand for over a month now. I thought at first it'd go away on it's own, but it doesn't seem to be leaving. Looking on medical advice sites it seems to be either a trapped nerve or carpal tunnel syndrome from damaging and stressing nerves. I really don't want to go to the doc in case he tells me not to play any more. Has anyone else ever had a problem like this? What did you do to fix it?

It's getting annoying especially playing live, where my fingers feel like they're made of wax and I can't tell what string I'm holding.
too much guitar hero lol
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
If you go and see the doctor now, even if you don't play for a while, you're more likely not to lose your playing ability all together.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
go to the flippin doctor it could be something serious and if isnt then u can just take some aleve or w/e jeese
i got that same feeling from one of these-

i just layed low for a bit, and it eventually got better... plus i never used that again
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
running away from the doctor is only going to make it worse. GO SEE A DOCTOR!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs
If you go and see the doctor now, even if you don't play for a while, you're more likely not to lose your playing ability all together.

+1
I breathe air.
could be saturday night wrist (so named because you get drunk and fall asleep on your arm, causing it to go numb). that happened to dave mustaine and he couldn't play guitar for like 2 years.
How long have you been playing guitar. I had that happen to me for the first 4 or 5 months of playing guitar. Once you build up wrist strength it doesnt really happen anymore.
<.<

>.>

Teh Aidz0rz!!!1!!
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Originally Posted by TheBurningFish
<.<

>.>

Teh Aidz0rz!!!1!!

Run!
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
Quote by gerardwayne
I've had numbness/tingling in the last two fingers of my left hand for over a month now. I thought at first it'd go away on it's own, but it doesn't seem to be leaving. Looking on medical advice sites it seems to be either a trapped nerve or carpal tunnel syndrome from damaging and stressing nerves. I really don't want to go to the doc in case he tells me not to play any more. Has anyone else ever had a problem like this? What did you do to fix it?

It's getting annoying especially playing live, where my fingers feel like they're made of wax and I can't tell what string I'm holding.

it's called over masturbation
Cheers for anyone who actually suggested anything useful ie. not giving up wanking (who the **** doesn't wank?)

That falling asleep on your arm thing sounds like it could very well be the culprit. I've been playing 6 or 7 years now, so I doubt it's just from having weak pansy newb wrists. Haven't even been playing that much recently except for rehearsals/gigs.

Think it might be time to just brave it and ask the Doctor...

I just hope to Christ it's not leporasy!
Are you completely numb... or just comfortably numb?
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
It's noticeably numb... mostly at the tip of my left baby fingerand along the outside of the same finger. Nerve damage? That's what I thought at first myself... How the hell am I gonna fix it. I don't want to have to stop playing. That'd kill me.
you've been clickin around the Pit too much
Quote by Caustic
If I didn't cuss so much, I'd be illiterate!

Quote by Will_Minus
Stupid people do stupid things. Don't be stupid, stupid.
I tried that before, but the feeling came back after only a brief shake. So then I sat on my hand again, but by the time my hand was numb again, my boner was gone. Maybe I should have always sat on one hand and then swapped over the wole time... This has nothing to do with my aforementionee problem btw.
man if i were you id see the doc , and if he says "well im afraid youve gotta stop playing" then say "ok, make me better" but id still play
Quote by Demon Wolf
Are you completely numb... or just comfortably numb?

ಠ_ಠ

wat

That happened to me, my index ring and pinky were the most numb, but luckily it disappeared after a month and a half. I was starting to have visions of selling my gear, as I could barely play simple chords accurately.
...Bleep Bloop...
I had that happen to me once. Lasted about a month, then it went away and never came back.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Go see a doctor lol. Simple. Worst they can say is 'stop playing and it might go away'.
Member of the 'Dr.Cox is my Mentor' group

Quote by Miggy01
I was kicking a balloon around, and kicked the back of my other foot.
I broke my toe as a result.