Thanks to Pikka Bird, the Guitar has been found. It's a Cort X Guitar.

Alright, so, I'm very new to Guitars and here. I'm starting to get the hang of them and making myself look less like an idiot as I make myself look more like an idiot.

Not sure if this is the right place, but it's the only one I could find. To the point, though. I have this Guitar. I imagine if I didn't, I wouldn't be here. It's in shotty, not exactly horrible, but shotty shape. The problem is..I have no clue what it is. All I know is it's made by Cort, and it RESEMEBLES an Epiphone Coronet.

The person who used it, my Aunt, just so happens to be unable to answer the question and has left a swirling mystery around it. So I'm wondering what the hell type of guitar it is. There's no marking's what-so-ever that tell me it's serial number, model name, ect...All I have are these pictures.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Zero~_Enna/DSCF0004.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Zero~_Enna/DSCF0003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Zero~_Enna/DSCF0002.jpg

Excuse my crappy photomanship. So, can someone help me get a lead? I contacted Cort, but they didn't even so much as reply with a "Screw off". Any help is appriciated.
Last edited by ZeroYuy at Feb 22, 2008,
It looks an awful like like the Brian May Signature guitar going on shape alone and that was made by both guild and burns
I think it is a Jazz Box Source but it must have been customized a bit cause they no longer sell it in that color. Thats what I think at least.
Quote by deathsentance
I think it is a Jazz Box Source but it must have been customized a bit cause they no longer sell it in that color. Thats what I think at least.

I don't know what, if anything, that has been done to it. I'm not too sure how serious my Aunt was about playing either. She DID leave it behind so..

And thanks Pikka Bird. I didn't think of that. I'll have an ask around there. I guess I just didn't lead myself there because I assumed that if the Cort Sales team didn't help me much the forums wouldn't. Stupid descision, I know.
Jazz Box Source? Are you crazy? The Jazz Box line is Cort's hollowbody range.

And no- it looks nothing like Brian May's Red Special either.

If you wanna say it looks like anything, then I'd compare it to an Ibanez Musician.

...this Cort was available as a bass too, BTW.
Update: There's a topic on the Cort forum with the exact same model (white, gold racing stripes, white burst, same headstock). Someone guessed it was a so-called "X-Guitar", which came in a few different looks back in the 70s, I think. I googled a bit around for it, and found this page on Audiofanzine. Click the image and compare. This would be the black version, but all the details are the same, as far as I can tell.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Update: There's a topic on the Cort forum with the exact same model (white, gold racing stripes, white burst, same headstock). Someone guessed it was a so-called "X-Guitar", which came in a few different looks back in the 70s, I think. I googled a bit around for it, and found this page on Audiofanzine. Click the image and compare. This would be the black version, but all the details are the same, as far as I can tell.

No doubt about it! That's it! Thanks for taking so much time to look around.

I had one hell of a bad day and this just made me a little more happy! Thanks again for so much help!