Has anyone here on UG fitted a seymour duncan invader pickups on an squier hello kitty strat? (the one with the single tone knob.) My question is, if it's possible to fit the invader bridge pickup in white on the hello kitty's slot without modifications?

I'm looking forward to getting a really nice snarling buzzsaw sound out of a girl guitar and i'll use it for really heavy rhythm and some really hot solos. But, when I tried it on a mesa dual rectifier the kitty doesn't snarl like I want it to so, I'm getting this guitar if it's possible to make it scream and snarl using the invader, rat distortion and a cry-baby wah pedal plugged into a black heart head even without tone knobs? thanks!
::type
bad kitty

\m/
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
A lot of people want to do this (or something similar anyway, I was thinking of getting one and putting an EMG, D'activator, or Blackout in there), but still have yet to see one done.

Granted I haven't done it yet only 'cause I'm waiting for this rebate thing we're supposed to get...
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
If you do that, and you do it well, I'll happily buy another one off you.

Well, I wouldn't play it in public, I'm not that badass at guitar yet, but soon, very soon....

Awesome.
The tone knob doesn't change if you can install it or not. You can install any pickup with or without a tone knob, or even with or without a volumne knob.
And I'm no really a fan of the invader...at all....
but go for it if you have an extra $300 and some free time.
My friend's doing this and sticking a DiMarzio Super distortion in.
I want to do it and stick a Seymour Duncan SH-12 in it.

Then we can do harmonies and look awesome.
Quote by Hakael
A lot of people want to do this (or something similar anyway, I was thinking of getting one and putting an EMG, D'activator, or Blackout in there), but still have yet to see one done.

Granted I haven't done it yet only 'cause I'm waiting for this rebate thing we're supposed to get...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BzgV8xLOhR8

Wow. That vid rules.

White EMG in a hello kitty strat... holy crap.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH

Yeah, seen that video.

I've been wanting to do that before seeing it, but watching it just fuels my desire to do it even more.

Now I just gotta stop acquiring other guitars so I can finally get one.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."