What tab did you use, might I ask? The tab I used is very different...

Anyways it was pretty darn good... you did jump in a second early, I think, but otherwise you did great... the mistakes may have been caused by focusing more on the backing track and less on what you're playing... when did you begin working on the solo?
thanks, I got the tab from an Eagles Tab book that I bought. And I had learnt it about 6 months ago but learnt it wrong. So I re-learnt it about a month ago. You are right about me be early which might be because I had to insert the backing track in after I recorded the guitar with a very quiet backing track in the background.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American 52 Telecaster RI
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Tanglewood Acoustic
Fender F-80-12
Various Pedals
Orange Rockerverb 50 Head
Orange Cabinets
Quote by jordy-77
thanks, I got the tab from an Eagles Tab book that I bought. And I had learnt it about 6 months ago but learnt it wrong. So I re-learnt it about a month ago. You are right about me be early which might be because I had to insert the backing track in after I recorded the guitar with a very quiet backing track in the background.

Hmm... I thought to ask if you had added in the backing track afterwards, but figured you hadn't... did what you played along to have the solo going on in it?

Are tab books like that the way the writers put the song together, or do they actually sit down with the players and write down how they play whatever song? I know live they stay at the 7th fret and beyond, but it's obviously played differently than the studio version.
Um i had the track going but too quiet to hear overtop the guitar. And the tab book is transcribed note for note by a professional. And about the live solo, the acoustic is capoed on the 7th and so is one of the necks on the double neck. But the solo is played on the uncapoed neck of the double neck and Frey(or Felder not sure) and Walsh both play during it.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Tanglewood Acoustic
Fender F-80-12
Various Pedals
Orange Cabinets
Quote by jordy-77
Um i had the track going but too quiet to hear overtop the guitar. And the tab book is transcribed note for note by a professional. And about the live solo, the acoustic is capoed on the 7th and so is one of the necks on the double neck. But the solo is played on the uncapoed neck of the double neck and Frey(or Felder not sure) and Walsh both play during it.

It's Don Felder and Joe Walsh playing it :P. I'm fairly certain the studio acoustic is played capoed too, but it may just be octaves in studio or something... who knows.

Anyways, Felder has awesome tone live... I need a new guitar... can I have your Les Paul?
haha, no but its a good investment and worth it if you have the money. It's quality is amazing.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Tanglewood Acoustic
Fender F-80-12
Various Pedals
Orange Cabinets
Quote by jordy-77
haha, no but its a good investment and worth it if you have the money. It's quality is amazing.

I'm gonna get an Ibanez PGM next :P I played a Standard (60's neck) at GC and it was incredible. You got a sweet guitar.