Aaaaalrighty then!

In my wisdom (pfft, yeah, right) I've decided that I'd love to do Overture 1928 for part of my A Level Performance this year!

Now, I've pretty much got the entire song done, apart from one little riff. If you know the song, I'm sure you've guessed which...

|-6-| |-6-| |-6-| |-6-| |-6-| |-6-| |-6-| |-6-|   
     S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S   
C||--8-9-8-6-----------------------------------------||
G||----------9-7-6-9-7-6-----------------------------||
D||----------------------9-7-6-9-7-6-----------------||
A||----------------------------------9-7-5-9-7-5-----||
E||----------------------------------------------9-7-||
B||--------------------------------------------------||

That. Now, my question is this. I think Myung plays this 3 finger, while I am currently playing it with two. My speed isn't quite up to his yet, though. Now, considering I have 2 weeks to have the song perfect, and my first and pretty much only rehearsal is next week, should I try and learn this in 3 finger technique?

I ask, because my 3 finger isn't very good. At all. In fact, it's terrible for anything other than straight note bashing.

Anyway, any help on the subject is greatly appreciated!
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
That looks like it should be done is a 321321 pattern, judging by the 8 groupings of 3 notes.

If you can play triplets with 3 fingers, then it should be fine, as 3 fingers can mve in triplet patterns far easier than 2. Simply make sure all the notes are even spaced, and you should be able to get that extra bit of speed with 3 fingers.

It may feel slower, but that's because it's easier. 3 finger technique excels in patterns based on 3 notes (triplets, gallops etc) and so long as you move those 3 fingers ina flowing motion, there is nothing to suggest you can't get that speed in 2 weeks.

Previous fretting skill provided
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Okay, correction. I have until March 3rd to get it done. That's a week and a bit. Also, another thing that ruins the 3 finger idea is that first part, the 8-9-8-6. If I use 3 finger for that, it'll throw the rest off.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
OK then, go 3212 321321 321321 321321 21

Happy?

Or, do the triplets over 2 strings. Not too hard at all.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by Nutter_101
Okay, correction. I have until March 3rd to get it done. That's a week and a bit. Also, another thing that ruins the 3 finger idea is that first part, the 8-9-8-6. If I use 3 finger for that, it'll throw the rest off.

For that part you could use your second finger after your third and before your first, like this:
I do that all the time, it's really fast for me, you could just use 2 fingers though.

EDIT: Damn, beaten to it.
Well, if it's really "that fast" then consider trying to do hammer ons and pull offs. Or highlight every other note or something and make yourself sound really muddy, XD. Just kidding to that last one.
I am a lucid dream to the illusionary slumber
Wading in a cesspool of forgotten memory
An insignificant host to the collective subconscious

~Sacred Slumber