Page 1 of 3
http://www.gotoquiz.com/what_american_accent_do_you_have
That's a short quiz to determine what accent you have.

Here's what I got.

The West: Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

....and I live in Florida.
Parody threads, FTFailure..
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Last edited by TheBurningFish at Feb 21, 2008,
*sighs* Damn parodys

It said something about me having a British accent, which I'm just fine with.
Last edited by hazzmatazz at Feb 21, 2008,
Holy ****, they got where I live right!
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
The British are coming! (to this thread!)

It's all cool.
When the music's over, turn out the lights.

Quote by pencap
i fingerd my girl the other day she got so wet nearly my entier hand was soked after that i ate her up, she blacked out it was awesome
Philadelphia.. though I live in Belgium -_-'

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by noxiosimitator
Philadelphia.. though I live in Belgium -_-'

WTF!?

Ah... It shrunk...

Midlands

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
I got The Northeast.

"Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak."
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
"Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak."

They got it wrong. I live in England.
That's a Southern accent you've got there. You may love it, you may hate it, you may swear you don't have it, but whatever the case, we can hear it.

But I'm from Finland, you can't get much more north from here.
You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

Lol, they got me.

Edit:

To all the non-Americans taking the quiz, obviously it's not going to guess where you live. Mainly because you're not in the f*ckin' USA.

Quote by pencap
i fingerd my girl the other day she got so wet nearly my entier hand was soked after that i ate her up, she blacked out it was awesome
What American accent do you have?
Your Result: North Central

"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot.

And I am a Canadian.
Apparently Scottish people sound like people from Boston.

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio."

Spot on. I'm from Pennsylvania, about 2 hours from Philly.
I live in Mass and I got northeast. So it worked.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
<table style="width: 320px; border: 1px solid gray; font: normal 12px arial, verdana, sans-serif; background-color: white;"><tr><td colspan="2" style="background: white; color: black; padding: 5px;"><b style="font: bold 20px 'Times New Roman', serif; display: block; margin-bottom: 8px;">What American accent do you have?</b> <div style="font-size: 16px; margin-bottom: 4px;">Your Result: <b>Boston</b></div><div style="width: 200px; background: white; border: 1px solid black;"><div style="width: 75%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> </div></div><p style="margin: 10px; border: none; background: white; color: black;">You definitely have a Boston accent, even if you think you don't.  Of course, that doesn't mean you are from the Boston area, you may also be from New Hampshire or Maine.</p></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">North Central</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 59%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> </div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">The Midland</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 55%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> </div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">The West</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 53%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> </div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">The Northeast</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 45%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> </div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Philadelphia</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 40%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> </div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">The Inland North</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 30%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> </div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">The South</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 23%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> </div></div></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" style="text-align: center; padding: 8px;"><a href="http://www.gotoquiz.com/what_american_accent_do_you_have"><b>What American accent do you have?</b></a><br><a href="http://www.gotoquiz.com/">Quiz Created on GoToQuiz</a></td></tr></table>

they got me right, probably 'cause I got me a 'Roe Dylan acceant'
What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

This thing is pretty good...I'm in Ohio so it's dead on.
Quote by ZedLeppy

To all the non-Americans taking the quiz, obviously it's not going to guess where you live. Mainly because you're not in the f*ckin' USA.

Oh really now? I'm amazed by your extravagant deductive skills!
Quote by lookingpastsky
"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio."

Spot on. I'm from Pennsylvania, about 2 hours from Philly.

i got

Your accent is as Philadelphian as a cheesesteak! If you're not from Philadelphia, then you're from someplace near there like south Jersey, Baltimore, or Wilmington. if you've ever journeyed to some far off place where people don't know that Philly has an accent, someone may have thought you talked a little weird even though they didn't have a clue what accent it was they heard.

and i used to live in Philly.
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Oh really now? I'm amazed by your extravagant deductive skills!

Ho rly? I'm not particulary amazed at your ability to be a homo. Stop bitching that the quiz got it wrong because you're not from America.

Quote by pencap
"The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop.""

I actually am from Wisconsin, so they're spot on, except I'll say soda until I die.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
oh sweet it got mine right.
it said midland america like pennsylvainia and that's where i'm from.
Moments into minutes.
Minutes into hours.
Hours into days.
Days into years.
Years into possibility.

This will linger.
xxx
Quote by ZedLeppy
Ho rly? I'm not particulary amazed at your ability to be a homo. Stop bitching that the quiz got it wrong because you're not from America.

Look, no need to start flaming kid. You might want to read my previous posts again and realize that nobody was bitching.

It's called joking. And the quiz is still interesting.

Last edited by Tommy[fin] at Feb 21, 2008,
The Northeast:
Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

and i'm from england!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

Holy sh*t it works! I live in Philadelphia.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Last edited by PaperStSoapCo at Feb 21, 2008,
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Look, no need to start flaming kid. You might want to read my previous posts again and realize that nobody was bitching.

It's called joking.

I read your post the first time, and responded accordingly. If you really think I'm flaming, then you might want to consider reading all of this again.

And, sorry for the startings of a flame :\. I lose my cool sometimes.

I'll buy you a beer when I visit the UK, alright?

Quote by pencap
Quote by will123456789
The Northeast:
Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

and i'm from england!

Funny how most the english people in this thread are getting New york on the quiz. While in the other thread "english accents" alot of them said that New Yorker accents were very annoying.
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']That sounds nice, but will you buy me the plane tickets to the UK as well?

Possibly.

(I thought you lived in the UK! )

Quote by pencap
Midlands accent, and I do live in southern Indiana, so...it's correct.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by daeqwon10000
i'm from massachusetts,and i got a philidelphia accent,wtf?

all that means is that you pronounce words correctly
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Page 1 of 3