Page 1 of 2
Up in smoke - Holly Springs Disaster

is a pretty simple hardcore song
what do you mean hardcore/metal core for beginers? Theres no other difficulty for it, just beginers.
You dont have to do anything just down tune your guitar then play 0's (d) for like 2 minutes, then play 0 to 8 to 10 and then throw in an ADVANCED breakdown by doing what you did at the beggining but with a noisy chord thrown in. You pretty much have your whole song finished.

*EDIT* i just saw in your name that you play bass, so scratch what i said before and just hit your d string over and over again
Gear:

Esp Ltd DJ-600
Ibanez S520EX
Parker P 44 Pro
Traynor YCS100 Head
Traynor YCS412 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD20
Boss GE-21
Ibanez TS7
EH Soul Preacher
BBE Sonix Maximizer 462 rack
Look at some AS I Lay DYing songs like confined maybe. They arent that difficult to get down at all. and Han of Blood by Bullet For My Valentine really isnt that hard ethir.
Quote by Ramik
what do you mean hardcore/metal core for beginers? Theres no other difficulty for it, just beginers.
You dont have to do anything just down tune your guitar then play 0's (d) for like 2 minutes, then play 0 to 8 to 10 and then throw in an ADVANCED breakdown by doing what you did at the beggining but with a noisy chord thrown in. You pretty much have your whole song finished.

*EDIT* i just saw in your name that you play bass, so scratch what i said before and just hit your d string over and over again

Dude, listen to Between the Buried and Me, they're metalcore and almost all of their songs are difficult.

Not all metalcore is one note being played real fast then a breakdown.
Awakening The Revenant
Deathcore side project: Malevolent

Quote by shavorules42
start with more poppy music with occasional screams and then work your way into emoish crap like a day to remember and so on.
between the buried and me is amazing, they are far from metalcore, its hard to pin point their genre but if i had to i would say prog. They are one of my major influences.
Gear:

Esp Ltd DJ-600
Ibanez S520EX
Parker P 44 Pro
Traynor YCS100 Head
Traynor YCS412 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD20
Boss GE-21
Ibanez TS7
EH Soul Preacher
Quote by kaossurge
Thats not hardcore...

Its metalcore... describe what you mean by hardcore (harcore punk/original hardcore, tough guys hardcore... etc.)

Quote by Ramik
between the buried and me is amazing, they are far from metalcore, its hard to pin point their genre but if i had to i would say prog. They are one of my major influences.

Yes, they are Prog., pretty far from metalcore. Not one of my favorites, but good.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by carrotcake
Dude, listen to Between the Buried and Me, they're metalcore and almost all of their songs are difficult.

no.
just no.

don't you EVER call btbam metalcore.
they are their own genre.
i play an 8 string
Quote by carrotcake

He forgot to add to remember to throw in a few pinch harmonics. I think we've covered it.

(If PtH is metalcore or whatever, they're the definite exception; insaaane)
Last edited by XxGibsonSGxX at Feb 21, 2008,
Killswitch Engage has a couple that come to mind that arent that bad
My last Serenade
Holy Diver
give those a look!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by Ramik

You're in a metalcore band you stupid ****!

TS, try some Atreyu.
Dickless.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
He forgot to add to remember to throw in a few pinch harmonics. I think we've covered it.

(If PtH is metalcore or whatever, they're the definitie exception; insaaane)

PTH is my favorite band, i am listning to fortress right now, and they are also not metalcore, they fall in with between the buried and me because you cant fit them into a genre
Gear:

Esp Ltd DJ-600
Ibanez S520EX
Parker P 44 Pro
Traynor YCS100 Head
Traynor YCS412 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD20
Boss GE-21
Ibanez TS7
EH Soul Preacher
Quote by MetalMilitia212

You're in a metalcore band you stupid ****!

wha???

From where did you get i am in a metalcore band?
Gear:

Esp Ltd DJ-600
Ibanez S520EX
Parker P 44 Pro
Traynor YCS100 Head
Traynor YCS412 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD20
Boss GE-21
Ibanez TS7
EH Soul Preacher
Quote by Ramik
PTH is my favorite band, i am listning to fortress right now, and they are also not metalcore, they fall in with between the buried and me because you cant fit them into a genre

Oh well I was told they were split between metalcore and mathcore.
Quote by Ramik

Quote by MakeItWitChu

Yes, they are Prog., pretty far from metalcore. Not one of my favorites, but good.

Guys... they are metalcore.

Ask if they are in the BTBAM thread and see how many people will say 'yes'.
Awakening The Revenant
Deathcore side project: Malevolent

Quote by shavorules42
start with more poppy music with occasional screams and then work your way into emoish crap like a day to remember and so on.
Well they have aspects of mathcore but most mathcore i have heard sounds like noise ( the dillenger escape plan).
Gear:

Esp Ltd DJ-600
Ibanez S520EX
Parker P 44 Pro
Traynor YCS100 Head
Traynor YCS412 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD20
Boss GE-21
Ibanez TS7
EH Soul Preacher
Quote by carrotcake
Guys... they are metalcore.

Ask if they are in the BTBAM thread and see how many people will say 'yes'.

metalcore is as i lay dying, killswitch stuff like that, btbam is way more complicated than just metalcore. If you understand the work, and theory and just listen to the music you would see and hear all the diffrent genre they do.
Gear:

Esp Ltd DJ-600
Ibanez S520EX
Parker P 44 Pro
Traynor YCS100 Head
Traynor YCS412 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD20
Boss GE-21
Ibanez TS7
EH Soul Preacher
Last edited by Ramik at Feb 21, 2008,
Quote by Ramik
wha???

he probably got it from listening to your band, final fall .....
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by Ramik
wha???

Your band is called Final Fall
oh and your sound sucks.
Oh ya I just noticed that, but that was recorded about 2 years ago when we sucked and I thought green day were guitar gods. it was recorded with a line 6 toneport
Gear:

Esp Ltd DJ-600
Ibanez S520EX
Parker P 44 Pro
Traynor YCS100 Head
Traynor YCS412 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD20
Boss GE-21
Ibanez TS7
EH Soul Preacher
Last edited by Ramik at Feb 21, 2008,
Quote by Ramik

Everyone, meet the most musically ignorant person in this forum.

Congratulations. You win the grand prize!

Now leave.
Last edited by ExplorerFreak at Feb 21, 2008,
LMAO, Ramik ****s on a music style that he plays, and he friggin' sucks at.

Epic fail consumes him.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by ExplorerFreak
Everyone, meet the most musically ignorant person in this forum.

Congratulations. You with the grand prize!

Now leave.

Ya probably seemed ignorant but local hardcore bands who play breakdowns ( not good ones) 0's all over and over ruin it for me
Gear:

Esp Ltd DJ-600
Ibanez S520EX
Parker P 44 Pro
Traynor YCS100 Head
Traynor YCS412 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD20
Boss GE-21
Ibanez TS7
EH Soul Preacher
Quote by tommyt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXL5SBDay5A .... having sound problems?

If you are talking about the guy whos amo wasnt working that wasnt me, aside from that video being recorded long ago i dont know how that is metalcore?
Gear:

Esp Ltd DJ-600
Ibanez S520EX
Parker P 44 Pro
Traynor YCS100 Head
Traynor YCS412 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD20
Boss GE-21
Ibanez TS7
EH Soul Preacher
Quote by Ramik
Ya probably seemed ignorant but local hardcore bands who play breakdowns ( not good ones) 0's all over and over ruin it for me

Oh, shame. They ruin it for you?

I'm sure if you tell them that, they set down their guitars and stop. Right.

I'm on the local hardcore/metalcore/grindcore scene here in St. Louis. Not one local band, not even the bad ones, keep to your standard, in fact they exceed it.

You are aware that breakdowns are MEANT to be all "0's?" They are a rhythmic application. You don't stick your nose in the air towards drummers, do you?

Memorize a complicated breakdown. Try maybe some Born of Osiris or August Burns Red breakdowns. Their time signatures shift several times, within three or four measures. Are you implying that off time complex rhythms are child's play?

Just leave before you dig yourself deeper.
Quote by ExplorerFreak

I'm on the local hardcore/metalcore/grindcore scene here in St. Louis. Not one local band, not even the bad ones, keep to your standard, in fact they exceed it.

You are aware that breakdowns are MEANT to be all "0's?" They are a rhythmic application. You don't stick your nose in the air towards drummers, do you?

Memorize a complicated breakdown. Try maybe some Born of Osiris or August Burns Red breakdowns. Their time signatures shift several times, within three or four measures. Are you implying that off time complex rhythms are child's play?

Sir, you just grinded your shank like **** of doom into anything Ramik knew to be life. You are win.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by ExplorerFreak

dude i stated that they play not good breakdowns, i lvoe the incorporation of complex rythem ( between the bureid and me) I incorporate them now myself, hardcore kids over do not try to exceed the simple.
Gear:

Esp Ltd DJ-600
Ibanez S520EX
Parker P 44 Pro
Traynor YCS100 Head
Traynor YCS412 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD20
Boss GE-21
Ibanez TS7
EH Soul Preacher
Quote by LeeSmellyFinger
94 hours by As I lay Dying.... thats simple enough isnt it?

That one is simple
Gear:

Esp Ltd DJ-600
Ibanez S520EX
Parker P 44 Pro
Traynor YCS100 Head
Traynor YCS412 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD20
Boss GE-21
Ibanez TS7
EH Soul Preacher
Quote by kaossurge
Need some simple hardcore/metalcore songs.

Haste the Day has some pretty easy riffs/breakdowns as well as the agony scene
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Good:
www.myspace.com/protestthehero
www.myspace.com/assassinatethefollowing
www.myspace.com/jacklondonbitch

bad
www.myspace.com/charitysband

I understand the complex sigs and stuff and THAT is the good stuff, I am talking about the simple ones
Gear:

Esp Ltd DJ-600
Ibanez S520EX
Parker P 44 Pro
Traynor YCS100 Head
Traynor YCS412 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD20
Boss GE-21
Ibanez TS7
EH Soul Preacher
Quote by Ramik
Good:
www.myspace.com/protestthehero
www.myspace.com/assassinatethefollowing
www.myspace.com/jacklondonbitch

bad
www.myspace.com/charitysband

I understand the complex sigs and stuff and THAT is the good stuff, I am talking about the simple ones

I thought we were done?

Drop your Holier Than Thou attitude and stop. You've been shamed, tarred, and feathered in front of the entire Electric Guitar forum. None of your points are valid.

To the threadstarter, look at some Parkway Drive. Fairly simple stuff there.
Quote by ExplorerFreak
I thought we were done?

Drop your Holier Than Thou attitude and stop. You've been shamed, tarred, and feathered in front of the entire Electric Guitar forum. None of your points are valid.

To the threadstarter, look at some Parkway Drive. Fairly simple stuff there.

no dude, it's ok now ... he's done a total 180 on his original statement ... that should fix it right?

.... lol
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by Ramik
dude i stated that they play not good breakdowns, i lvoe the incorporation of complex rythem ( between the bureid and me) I incorporate them now myself, hardcore kids over do not try to exceed the simple.

The fastest guitarists I've ever met in my life, not including myself, all play metalcore. The only genre more complex on average is progressive metal or technical death metal.
Dickless.
Quote by tommyt
no dude, it's ok now ... he's done a total 180 on his original statement ... that should fix it right?

.... lol

Quote by MetalMilitia212
The fastest guitarists I've ever met in my life, not including myself, all play metalcore. The only genre more complex on average is progressive metal or technical death metal.

I lol'd.

Heard of this tiny little genre known as Jazz, or maybe even Classical?

+1000 Douchepoints to you.
Page 1 of 2