I have decided I will probably buy and Ibanez RG1570, the only problem is I'm not a huge fan of Ibanez tone so I know I will already need to change the pickups.

I love the tone of As I Lay Dying guitarist Nick Hipa. I know he uses EMG 81/85 which is the same that is in my C-1 Hellraiser FR. I love the sound of them, they make my ears have orgasms daily. The only thing I'm concerned about is the Ibanez Artist he uses and also my Schecter Hellraiser are both made of Mahogany, the RG1570 is made of basswood. I know this will affect the tone, but my question is... How much? Will it still sound amazing?

Also what to do with the middle single-coil pickup? I have absolutely no idea what to put in there. Maybe a clean sounding pickup or something? I'm not sure I really need help with this too.
Last edited by cubert83 at Feb 21, 2008,
1 - what amp do you have
2 - why buy a guitar if you don't like the tone, that's just daft.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
1. Amp is just a Epi Valve jr. right now and also a roland cube.. When I get done working on the road I'm getting a Krank Revolution or Mesa Triple Rectifier..

2. Changing pickups is like changing strings. No big deal. Plus I want it because they play so nice.
If you don't like the sound of the RG, I'd suggest looking into the S series, they have a Mahogony body, but their Prestige models are a lot more pricey to start with. However, you don't have to buy a Prestige to get a good trem like with the RG series, the bridge on the S series is one of the best floyd style bridges you can have.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Whats wrong with your C-1 Hellraiser FR?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Whats wrong with your C-1 Hellraiser FR?

Nothing really, just the neck feels a little odd to me. But other than that it's perfect. But I want one that I can tune to Drop C..
If you get emgs you might as well get an emg-sa for the single coil and have everything active.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by cubert83
Nothing really, just the neck feels a little odd to me. But other than that it's perfect. But I want one that I can tune to Drop C..

I have to say that I personally wouldn't recommend anything with a Floyd for that low, but that's just me...stick a Dimarzio D-Sonic in the bridge, a Breed in the nech and a chopper in the middle.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com