so i have two heads and a marshall 4X12 1960 cab. so i was thinking i could switch the cab to stereo cause i only want to use two speakers at one time but only hook up one head so it'll be like only two speakers unstead of 4 like a 2X12. will this work and do u think there will be any problems? thanks
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Yes you can do this. Make sure your wiring skills are decent, and make sure you understand how impedance works.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
You will have to be willing to muck around with a soldering iron. No problems will arise unless you mess up the wiring. I just split up my cab so it is now a 2x12 times 2. I run two heads through it. It involved drilling holes for a new jack and switch. I suggest you also wire in a switch so you can change it back to a 4x12 in an instant. If you'd like i can send you the schematic i whipped up for my cab. But run the two speakers in parallel to two individual jacks. Except on the original jack, run wires two the other speakers, with a switch in between. Just make sure you impedances are correct, or higher than what the amp puts out. Good luck!
Last edited by muff diver at Feb 21, 2008,