yeah it would probobly be a mexican one, but im not some uptight twat who can "hear the difference" in the same thing that was made in two different places. I play alot of rock, mostly alternative, bands like rise against, nirvana, weezer.
alright, lets just veto the first question and just go with "what is the best guitar to play rock, getting sounds like weezer, rise against, nirvana etc.?"
HSS Standard Strat

Or if you can somehow squeeze in $100 more, you can go with the Highway One HSS Strat. I'd take a look at the used market, too. You might be able to pick up a USA Strat for about $650-700.
Hi, I'm Peter
It's probably the one that sounds the best Guitars are not iPods, they really differ from each other, you need to hear it to decide.
My Rig:

+Epiphone AJ100 acoustic
+Fender 60th. Anniversary Stratocaster
+Vox AD30VT
+Vox V847a Wah

look all i wanted was for someone to give me advice on what to do not to slag me off ok

Want advice? Suck yourself off.
don't get an HSS strat.

deluxe players strats would be my choice

but really, don't get an HSS strat
if i can find a used american standard id deffinetly get it, how do they sound threw distortion? im going to have an ibanez tube screamer, boss ds-2 and EHX graphic fuzz.
Quote by Dirk Gently
HSS Standard Strat

Or if you can somehow squeeze in $100 more, you can go with the Highway One HSS Strat. I'd take a look at the used market, too. You might be able to pick up a USA Strat for about $650-700.

+1

You're also close to being able to customize your own Carvin Bolt.

Quote by BluesLP1990
don't get an HSS strat.

deluxe players strats would be my choice

but really, don't get an HSS strat

Your argument is compelling.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
yeah scratch that...

dude the best thing for you to do is to go into a relatively big music store (they have a ton of different guitars and amps) and ask someone to help you and let you try out the guitars that interest you. If you fall in love with one of the ones you tried, get that exact guitar because each one is different.

make sure you plug it into the amp you have and if you can get the tone you want you're set.