Alright, so I want to buy my first pedal. I either want a metal pedal or a chorus pedal, and I am leaning towards chorus because my older brother has a metal pedal. Do you think it's a good idea to get a chorus pedal first, and, if so, which kind do you like the best?
What's your set up and what music do you play?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I just have a Fender Strat and a Spider III, Line VI amp. Pretty basic stuff. I like to play metal, though I have only been playing for a year, and am still learning and experimenting.
Quote by chaosmoon
I just have a Fender Strat and a Spider III, Line VI amp. Pretty basic stuff. I like to play metal, though I have only been playing for a year, and am still learning and experimenting.

Modeling amps generally don't take pedals well. The Spider should already have extreme distortion and chorus.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.