Does anyone else suffer from this condition where they live? It may be worse in smaller towns like mine, but im wondering if it affections you other UGer's? Here's a case of it:

This guy plays acoustic in this band THAT IS NOT MINE, HE'S IN THIS OTHER BAND that has no songs, the drummer has his girlfriend sing for him, and they are teaching someone who has never played before to play bass.

Me says:
Do you even know how to stay in key

Him says:
like with a guitar?

Me says:
Yes

Him says:
wait like me stay in key with a guitar?

Me says:
Yes

Him says:
yeah i guess so lol

Him says:
why

Me says:
How

Him says:
is it when ur in tune?

This is what I deal with when trying for form a band, it gets frustrating at times, anyone else experiencing this?
Last edited by DeadMeadow at Feb 21, 2008,
Get people that know what they're talking about next time?
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
Quote by scarfacesuit

Read the whole post first, he's in another band.. not mine.. theres nobody in my town that can play halfway decent is my point.
that must be frustrating
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Quote by scarfacesuit

+1

Look harder next time. Though I have played with people that bad. Dont start band with people just because they are friends
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

My Gear :

-Peavey HP Signature EX
-Fender 100H(Head) + Fender FM412 (Cab)
-GBX Custom Bug
-Dunlop Wah Pedal GCB-95
-Marshall GV-2 Plus
-Boss CS-3
-Behringer Digital Reverb DR100
ive got somethin similar to that in my town, except its a bunch of people that think they're good at guitar, and when they come to band practice they suck

they'll be like, "ya, i can play metallica", but what they mean is that they can play a little part of the songs and the easy parts

also, it seems that in my town, no one can play the drums. There are like, 6 decent drummers at our high school, so i always end up having to record both the drums and the guitars for our band, so obviously we can't do live shows
Quote by PayTheDues
+1

Look harder next time. Though I have played with people that bad. Dont start band with people just because they are friends

Read post like that guy, its not my band, my point is theres nobody around my area that can play halfway decent.
Quote by dontstopblevin
ive got somethin similar to that in my town, except its a bunch of people that think they're good at guitar, and when they come to band practice they suck.
also, it seems that in my town, no one can play the drums.

+126534785366879 exact same here
the game
Just teach other people how to play.

The way you put it, TS, you make it seem like you are really good.
The.
Quote by PayTheDues
+1

But you also don't want to start a band with people who you never hang out with outside of practices... You really need a good meeting ground with similarly talented friends
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
You are better off teaching them things rather than sitting on your high horse like an asshole.
Quote by dontstopblevin
ive got somethin similar to that in my town, except its a bunch of people that think they're good at guitar, and when they come to band practice they suck

they'll be like, "ya, i can play metallica", but what they mean is that they can play a little part of the songs and the easy parts

also, it seems that in my town, no one can play the drums. There are like, 6 decent drummers at our high school, so i always end up having to record both the drums and the guitars for our band, so obviously we can't do live shows

Yeah, I dont really discriminate much against genre, only the musicianship of the person playing.

There is like NOBODY that plays drums.. just guitarists who cant play.
Yup
Almost every guitarist I've met is like that.
I have to teach my rhythm guitarist to stay in key.
I've given up and just gave him a list of chords to play.
Then he has too look in his little book to find out how to play each chord
But our bassist is pretty smart
He doesn't need any help
Its shocking to see a bassist who actually knows how to play music
Rofl, I only say that to anger all the bassists here
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Move to LA, there are so many sick musicians, anywhere from death metal to really out there sh*t and they are all really good. You need to be on top of your sh*t to make it as a band out here.
My town's pretty bad for music. I'm supposedly one of the best guitarists in my agegroup.

I SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by Steve The Plank
God damn it, why can't everyone be as good as you?!

Im not asking them to be great im asking them to be able to stay in key and barre a chord here and there.
I'm not trying to sound like I'm saying I'm a guitar god, but there's this plainly appalling guitarist where I live that has been playing for at least 4-5 years, but has limited himself to powerchords and claiming that 'As I Lay Dying is as heavy as it gets, man'.

When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
I have the same problem. The only band with guys my age that is has any skill at all is 20 miles away, too far for me, at 16 years old and no job to pay for gas.

I was desperate enough that I tried to get into this crappy emo band thats in my town, but they said they want to keep it just there friends in the band, even though i'm 100000 times better than all of them, and I'm not even good.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Quote by FelixJZ

I SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

turns out he's right
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Quote by yellowshirtguy
I have the same problem. The only band with guys my age that is has any skill at all is 20 miles away, too far for me, at 16 years old and no job to pay for gas.

I was desperate enough that I tried to get into this crappy emo band thats in my town, but they said they want to keep it just there friends in the band, even though i'm 100000 times better than all of them, and I'm not even good.

I know, they stick together.
Quote by yellowshirtguy

Just considering to be in an emo band makes you phail.
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
Quote by teh_Beatles
Just considering to be in an emo band makes you phail.

No. Being in an emo band makes you rich.