Page 1 of 2
So I was reading this list one day.

This is something I do normally, so I have statistics to back up my opinion when I discuss music or cinema with my friends.

It placed Tokio Hotel at the top of 500 bands.
Also in the top ten were Christina Aguilera, and Avril Lavigne.

The Beatles, were ranked all the way at number 60.
Zeppelin or Pink Floyd wasn't mentioned until at least 150.
Some people make me sick.
Yeah I remember seeing that. Quite funny.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
i hate them
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Yeah that was quite lol-worthy.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Its all the young teenagers just voting for them. Technically its the best band in the eyes for teenagers maybe
Well, I have to admit I was a little naive about this whole list. And to add on to whoever mentioned the teen population admiring, change that to 11 and 12 year old girls.

But still, opinions on Tokio Hotel?
also, somebody told me they werent asian at all, they were german.
The thing about Tokio Hotel is they are the single most important and influential musical force in the entirety of history. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that is more culturally important than the majesty, the tour de force that is Tokio Hotel. Anyone who says anything contrary to the FACT that Tokio Hotel are the only band of any importance ever is clearly an idiot because he or she is arguing with a proven fact.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Quote by Ichikurosaki
You need to consider, these are things the general public read, they're calculated by mainstream fanbase, not skill.
+1 totally

and rich_sg, you are kidding, right?
please say yes
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Where is this list anyway?
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by rich_sg
The thing about Tokio Hotel is they are the single most important and influential musical force in the entirety of history. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that is more culturally important than the majesty, the tour de force that is Tokio Hotel. Anyone who says anything contrary to the FACT that Tokio Hotel are the only band of any importance ever is clearly an idiot because he or she is arguing with a proven fact.

rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.
I've never heard them, actually.

Off to youtube I go...

edit: I listened to Monsoon. I didn't see any reason why it should be hated so much.
Who dat?
Last edited by Anarion614 at Feb 21, 2008,
Quote by its_alive
So I was reading this list one day.

This is something I do normally, so I have statistics to back up my opinion when I discuss music or cinema with my friends.

It placed Tokio Hotel at the top of 500 bands.
Also in the top ten were Christina Aguilera, and Avril Lavigne.

The Beatles, were ranked all the way at number 60.
Zeppelin or Pink Floyd wasn't mentioned until at least 150.
Some people make me sick.

This is why the UG army should take over the world.

All i care about is my personal list, which consists of: Zep,Sabbath, Bluesbreakers, Stones, Beatles, Free, Hendrix,Gallagher, Clapton and Reel Big Fish.

Just kidding about Reel Big Fish, they suck.
Quote by mikko_9119
+1 totally

and rich_sg, you are kidding, right?
please say yes

I might be...

Tbh I haven't heard any Tokio Hotel, so whether or not it's fair to cast THAT much sarcasm upon someone is up for debate.

EDIT: And thank you its_alive, I hold that title with pride.
Quote by its_alive

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Quote by Ichikurosaki
You need to consider, these are things the general public read, they're calculated by mainstream fanbase, not skill.

Exactly. Bands that get more attention from the media are going to be most popular, obviously. The fact that they ranked Tokio Hotel so high doesn't really mean squat. I can't stand that band and I try to ignore statistics like this one.
Quote by aluminum.maiden
you are a BEAST Crovox
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
I think I've gained so many gay points reading the past 3 pages of this thread that if I gave another man a blowjob I'd actually lose some.
Member #23 of the official Alkaline Trio Fan Club. PM greenfinger182 to join.
Quote by rich_sg
I might be...

Tbh I haven't heard any Tokio Hotel, so whether or not it's fair to cast THAT much sarcasm upon someone is up for debate.

Im glad. sig it or ill ****ing kill you.
Personally, i don't hate them, i'd probably go as far as saying their music is listenable, atleast for me, but i'm not a devoted fan.. I see no reason for people to throw so much hate at Tokio Hotel, other than the way the try to immitate the steriotypical j-rock/pop dress sense.
Quote by rich_sg
I might be...

ok, so let me get this strait. you have never heard any of Tokio Hotels stuff, and you still claim them to be the SINGLE IMPORTANT BAND TODAY?!! I don't get it. Are you messing with peoples heads or something? And there are some bands that are just equally important, and the rest are probably more. Everyone has their own right to their own opinion and all that, but I don't think that you can just go all "willy-nilly" and say stuff like there aren't any band that are important to anyone in the whole world other than Tokio Hotel. There were two threads that got closed because too many people were hating on them, so they might not be the single most important.

*EDIT* im not "flaming" you or whatever, I'm just wondering where you came up with that idea?
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

Quote by Photograph
Its all the young teenagers just voting for them. Technically its the best band in the eyes for teenagers maybe

*ULTIMATE FACEPALM*

YOU EPIC FAIL!!!

YOU HAVE 10 SECONDS TO VACATE MY INTERNET

Quote by mikko_9119
ok, so let me get this strait. you have never heard any of Tokio Hotels stuff, and you still claim them to be the SINGLE IMPORTANT BAND TODAY?!! I don't get it. Are you messing with peoples heads or something? And there are some bands that are just equally important, and the rest are probably more. Everyone has their own right to their own opinion and all that, but I don't think that you can just go all "willy-nilly" and say stuff like there aren't any band that are important to anyone in the whole world other than Tokio Hotel. There were two threads that got closed because too many people were hating on them, so they might not be the single most important.

*EDIT* im not "flaming" you or whatever, I'm just wondering where you came up with that idea?

He was kidding...........
Who dat?
Quote by mikko_9119

Wow thats the last time I use sarcasm on the internet.
Quote by its_alive

Quote by ErnieBallfists
Quote by Anarion614
He was kidding...........

argh! i always get worked up way too easy

Quote by its_alive
if not the single most important, then the single most controversial

yeah, look at my last post

Quote by rich_sg
Wow thats the last time I use sarcasm on the internet.

sorry, i just get really worked up over a lot of things, i think its a disease. didn't mean to freak.
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

Quote by doomed1
*ULTIMATE FACEPALM*

YOU EPIC FAIL!!!

I wish I was as funny as you. That was sarcasim, I had to point that out incase you were about to sig it.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Quote by doomed1
*ULTIMATE FACEPALM*

YOU EPIC FAIL!!!

well stated.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Ok just Wiki them and yeah they were a studio made band just like the Spice Girls also yeah if that lead singer is not a chick its deffinately gay because he is way to femine. Now I dont have a problem with gays Im just saying that their lead singer is.
Sitting on the edge of nowhere.
Watch Out or Ill Steal Your Girlfriend... or Wife.
Roll Tide
Last edited by Shaggy92 at Feb 21, 2008,
It's pronounced pearl jam.
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, I

The Sky Is The Limit
Fairmourn should have been number 1

we are good!
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
So I hope we can all get over the spewing hate caused by rich_sg's post.

Any other opinions on Tokio Hotel?
Or their shemale lead singer?
So, the rest of the list contained some bull****.
But I thought the Tokio Hotel as first on the list was pretty ridiculous.
If anyone can find this list, I tried earlier and was unsuccessful, then post it or the link.
Quote by its_alive
if not the single most important, then the single most controversial

i wouldnt consider them remotly controversial, attention seeking maybe i suspect they were unloved as children,

i could name like five more controversial bands just off top of my head
Page 1 of 2