Wanting to get my first electric guitar. Looking for something that I can use to play just about anything, I was thinking a fat strat but any guitar with a mix of single/humbucker pickups would probably be alright. Looking to pay around $200. I'll consider any offers so fire away!

Thanks,
Nathan
look at most standard epiphone models, they are a pretty good all around model.

nathan
ive allways loved the Ibanez rg series, its a very rocking guitar that can do just about any style of music realitivly cheap
something like this is what i would buy: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-GRX20-Electric-Guitar?sku=519417
easy to modify, good lookin, and its an Ibanez
Quote by HaKattack
Pop Tarts. Strudels are a Austrian invention; Hitler was also from Austria.
Obviously, Toaster Strudels are the same as Toaster NAZIS.
A Squier Standard Fat Strat (preferably not Affinity), or if you can find one a Fender Highway or Standard Fat Strat would be great for versatility.

Epiphone Les Pauls, starting at the Standard, are great for rock/metal. I wouldn't go for a Special II, LP100 or maybe even Studio, if you can afford a Standard.

Ibanez guitars are pretty good, but the cheaper guitars' locking trems are not so good. Edge III trems have a bad reputation.

Ampwise, probably Roland Cube or Vox Valvetronix if you have a budget around that range. Don't be tempted by the Marshall MG series: they are nothing like the more expensive valve Marshalls, and are worth more as tables for your coffee cup than as amplifiers. Nor the AVT series - they aren't much better than the MGs.
Last edited by blue_strat at Feb 21, 2008,
how does the squier fat strat compare to the Yamaha Pacifica 112? Also, are you saying the Special II is the only bad one or that I shouldn't get anything other than the Les Paul Standard?
Pacifica 112s are also good, probably better than the Squier Affinity Fat Strat, and equal with the Squier Standard Fat Strat.

The Special II and LP100 are the worst Epiphone Les Pauls; then the Studio is better, and the Standard is the best of the cheapest.