Im getting a laney protube 50 amp soon, and wondering what would be the best distortion pedal. I want it to be brutal, tons of distortion for pinch harmonics... basicly metal

i found a boss mt-2, used so its cheap but i just saw the ml-2 which on boss says is the heavyest, best distortion pedal they ever made, if i was getting another soild state id get the ml-2 but since its tube do you think the mt would be sweet enough?

or any other personal opinions on what pedal i should get?
Personally I like the Boss Metal Zone. Very brutal, straight-up metal pedal.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Why not get an amp that has the distortion you want?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Tubescreamer
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Quote by Kevin Saale

+1
Pinch harmonics =/= metal
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
+1
Pinch harmonics =/= metal

Very true.

Also distortion =/= pinch harmonics. Technique = pinch harmonics.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale

Exactly

And the ML-2 and MT-2 are either loved by fanboys or generally disliked by alot more people. If you really want a distortion pedal i nthat price bracket there are better options for you (a Metal Muff is only one of them); or you could spend more and get a tube based distortion; or just get a tubescreamer to dirty your signal up and (with output high) boost the signal causing the amp to drive higher; Maxon OD-9's are popular choices