I have the Korg D3200 and I am now Connecting it to my pc so i can use it with Audacity. As far as I can see i've followed everything in the manual but for some reason my computer will not recognize the mixer at all.

When I connect the USB cable from the pc to the mixer i get like a message popping up saying that the has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it. When I click this, the USB port just says unknown device. And the troubleshooter does not help at all.

Now there is a part in the manual that says 'When you connect the D3200 to your computer for the first time, a device driver will be installed.' This is not happening whenever i've connected it.

Can anybody help me out with this? If you do need more details i will be happy to give them as long as i get this problem sorted out.

Thanks in advance!
maybe so...maybe so young one.

Quote by Friggly
"But just PRETEND i'm not your sister"

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

Posting the first post in my own thread seems odd but i recently tried connecting the mixer to my dad's computer and it worked fine! So It has to be something wrong with my own computer...maybe a missing piece of software?

Anyway, if anyone would have any suggestions now as to what is wrong and if it is the software then if you could possibly give me a link to where i can download it it would be greatly appreciated!

Quote by Friggly

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

Can you disconnect the rest of equipment to your computer connected by USB and start with the Korg? If you have it attached to a hub, sometimes it gets ignored.

There's no software on their website, so I'm assuming it's a generic driver.
There is NO driver available on the website. If there was I would've recommended it.
Fast fingers, there doesn't seem to be any other pieces of equipment connected to any USB. Im just connecting it through the one at the front of the computer. I do think it is a software problem in my pc though because it worked fine in my dad's computer.

So would anyone know what the problem may be now? I mean there must be something i am able to download that would get of this problem.

Quote by Friggly

Quote by dingmydong

Are you running Vista?
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
Quote by Mr.Loomis_shred
Fast fingers, there doesn't seem to be any other pieces of equipment connected to any USB. Im just connecting it through the one at the front of the computer. I do think it is a software problem in my pc though because it worked fine in my dad's computer.

So would anyone know what the problem may be now? I mean there must be something i am able to download that would get of this problem.

The USBs on the front of a computer tend to supply a lesser voltage than ones on the rear...have you tried those?
I have actually, i only started using the front one again out of convenience because i couldn't be bothered reaching round the back all the time to connect it.

Im absolutely convinced now its something to do with windows, i just dont know what!

Thanks for all your help fast fingers =]

Quote by Friggly

Quote by dingmydong

Hmm...a repair install of Windows could help things a bit. You have the original disc? Boot start (hit F12 before Windows starts up) from the CD and go from there.
Yea fast fingers i was going to try that. I cant do it right now though because when i did try it said that all my files may be erased and i have a lot of school work on this computer so im gonna move it to my dad's pc then try that =]

So your saying that i insert the cd and before windows starts up press F12?

I sure hope this works thanks so much!

Quote by Friggly

Quote by dingmydong

I've done many repair installs and it never erased my files. Still, a back-up should always be done when doing something drastic.

And yeah, that's what I'm saying. If it's the right key (it'll be shown usually on the upper right hand corner), you'll see a list of devices from Floppy to CD to Hard drive.