I recently got a nice guitar for 20 bucks. Woot. Anyways, the high e string is off center. Around the 11th fret, it is so off, it is off of the fretboard, and I literally have to use a bending motion to play it. So its off at the bridge, not the head. Any way to fix this?
My friend gave it to another friend, who had recently bought two guitars, and I was in need of an electric, so he gave it to me for 20 bucks cause he needed some extra cash then. That's not the point lol.
Quote by piefaceFX
"nice guitar fir 20 bucks"

i don't see how that is possible?

me neither dude it's prolly off the saddle or something if anything you need to put a new string on there and keep it on the saddle while stringing it
Quote by Mekchrious
I recently got a nice guitar for 20 bucks. Woot. Anyways, the high e string is off center. Around the 11th fret, it is so off, it is off of the fretboard, and I literally have to use a bending motion to play it. So its off at the bridge, not the head. Any way to fix this?

You could have a loose or warped neck.

What kind of guitar is it? More info would help...

DS
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
Quote by piefaceFX
"nice guitar fir 20 bucks"

i don't see how that is possible?

ive gotten many a guitar (and motorcycles AND a jeep) for under $50 that were well worth it

now to answer you question, could i have a pic of the bridge or at lest a model?
Quote by HaKattack
Pop Tarts. Strudels are a Austrian invention; Hitler was also from Austria.
Obviously, Toaster Strudels are the same as Toaster NAZIS.
My friend said he thinks the bridge needs adjusted. There is no way just a neck warp would do this-I'm talking way off the neck up high. Its an Epiphone Special model with a Gibson neck.
Quote by Mekchrious
My friend said he thinks the bridge needs adjusted. There is no way just a neck warp would do this-I'm talking way off the neck up high. Its an Epiphone Special model with a Gibson neck.

ok dont quite get that bit but anywho yeah dude if you can get us a snapshot of the bridge or something i'm sure we can have this fixed in a jiffy
not even close they are extremley blurry i cant tell but that certainly does not look like the type of pick up you would find on an epiphone or gibson actually looks like a ppower bridge...but oh well
yea the picsw dont tell much, and i dont know weather the action is to high or low, but it looks like it just need to be adjusted with the alen screws that should be in each strings individual cradle (right=tight=higher, left=looser=lower... srry if this insults ur intelligence)
Quote by HaKattack
Pop Tarts. Strudels are a Austrian invention; Hitler was also from Austria.
Obviously, Toaster Strudels are the same as Toaster NAZIS.
what guitar dude?
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
On the body it says Epiphone and on the neck it says "Epiphone Special Model", with a Gibson label attached to the top of the neck. I know pics are blurry, but the flash hits the chrome there.
If the strings are saddled properly on the bridge and they are sitting in the nut properly your neck is either warped or loose.

Since you're adamant about it not being warped, I say loosen the strings and see if the neck wiggles in the pocket (assuming it's a bolt on). If it does you may need to shim it from the side to keep it straight.

Check the bolts and the plate at the joint and make sure everything is ok, as far as the screws not being stripped etc.

Also more details on your guitar would help us help you...

DS
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic