Well, basically, I turned on my amp, got everything going and started playing bass. Thought I'd play some hysteria, turned on my big muff, and I noticed 1) no sound and 2) the color of the light wasn't as bright as it usually seems.

I can still play through the pedal, but when I turn it on I hear no sound whatsoever from the amp.

Is there something I'd doing wrong or is it something with the pedal. This is the first trouble I've had with it since I got it. I got it like 4 weeks ago, so it's still covered.

Any suggestions/help is appreciated
Quote by yawn
Don't type in all caps.

Otherwise You Look Like A Complete Moron.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
1) Bold print. Reason? Y/N?
check the battery?
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
it's not the battery. i'm smarter than that o.O
Quote by yawn
Don't type in all caps.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Check the battery, make sure your cables are plugged in correctly, if all else fails get a new one with your warranty.
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.
You sure you have your inputs and outputs the right way around. (It happens to even the best of us!)
I'm positive it's not the battery, and obviously the inputs and outputs are in right or else the bass wouldn't be able to play when I turn the pedal off. It still plays when it's hooked up to the bass to the pedal, from the pedal to the amp. That's how I know, but lol, it does happen to the best of us.

I'm not sure what caused it not to work, haven't misused to at all. I'll probably have to send it back in. =\ disappoints me because all I've heard was praise to this pedal.
Quote by yawn
Don't type in all caps.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Quote by AccidentsHappen
disappoints me because all I've heard was praise to this pedal.

You're joking right?

The thing kills low end. Use it as an excuse for a refund and invest in a proper bass distortion pedal.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
sounds like a dud...

How do you know the battery is good? did you try replacing it anyways?
Quote by gm jack

You're joking right?

The thing kills low end. Use it as an excuse for a refund and invest in a proper bass distortion pedal.

Keep the price in mind. Yeah, I really haven't heard anyting bad about it =\ plus, alot of good artists use it.

and yeah, i took out the battery and tried two brand new ones, still didn't work.
Quote by yawn
Don't type in all caps.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Quote by damienblack333
+ 1 on the dud. your big muff sounds kinda muffed up. take it back and get a better one

will you be here 'til wednesday? that was a good joke...

but yeah, it's gotta be a defect pedal or something.
Quote by yawn
Don't type in all caps.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
i had a good one for a while. it was dog cheap. i cant remember what it was but MF discontinued it a few years ago. started with an A. it kept all the low end which is hard to find in disto pedals
Quote by AccidentsHappen
Keep the price in mind. Yeah, I really haven't heard anyting bad about it =\ plus, alot of good artists use it.

and yeah, i took out the battery and tried two brand new ones, still didn't work.

A lot? You mean Cliff (who is damn near impossible to hear other than in his solos) and the guy from Muse, who biamps, so keeps low end from the second signal?

Unless you can afford to biamp, if you use a Big Muff in a bad situation, youwould essentially drop out of the mix, as only guitar frequencies would really stay around from you.

If you haven't heard anything bad about it, you need to lurk more.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
A lot? You mean Cliff (who is damn near impossible to hear other than in his solos) and the guy from Muse, who biamps, so keeps low end from the second signal?

Unless you can afford to biamp, if you use a Big Muff in a bad situation, youwould essentially drop out of the mix, as only guitar frequencies would really stay around from you.

If you haven't heard anything bad about it, you need to lurk more.

Might have to lurk more I guess o.O

I've read Jimmy Hendrix started using it awhile before he died =\ Him along with a few others. I really thought it was a solid pedal for like 80 USD.
Quote by yawn
Don't type in all caps.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
the guitar guys have better distortions. but you cant compare a bass distortion with the guitars. one of the best distoriton sounds i ever heard was Audie petrie from acid bath. but in studio audie morphed his distortion by first playing it dirty, then overdubbing a clean amp ontop of it. he bi-amped on stage. keeping his distortion side lower for extra bite in his playing.
Maybe your muff has killed SOOO much low end that you actually can't hear it?

will you be here 'til wednesday? that was a good joke...[/quote}

Were you laughing at the muff is muffed or the get a good one part

I think maybe one of the circuits is messed up, if the light not as bright.