I've had a Digidesign Mbox2 mini lying around my house for the past 6 months, until just 3 nights ago I got a new computer, a Windows Vista. I've heard things that Vista can't run Pro Tools, is this true. I'm not sure of the model of the Vista, but the Pro Tools is the LE Ignition pack I think that comes with the Mbox. Can anyone give me more information about this problem, for I really know nothing.
According to the digidesign site, it seems that ProTools LE (I'm assuming LE here) runs on Vista starting at version 7.4. At 7.4, they seem to have a Vista version and an XP version.

Assuming you have 7.x, the update to 7.4 should be free.

Careful, though, because a friend of mine bought a Digi002 and it came initially with version 6.x. It ran just fine on XP, but that was before Vista came out.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by psychedelicscre
it coudl be cos vista doesnt do anythign right leik u cnt run fundamnetla guitar programs on it

Well, you can, so shush.

Anyway, I think that Pro Tools should work with Vista, if necessary use the Vista upgrade which should be free on the website. Anyway, why not just try it, and see how you get on ?
There is poetry in despair.
I have vista biz on my desktop DAW and when I got my 2496 card the demo disk of PT would not load sayingng I needed XP instead so im not sure but I guess only the latest versions will work with vista.
Digidesign haven't really embraced the 64 bit Vista world like other apps already have (I think it was Sonar pro that does 64 bit from ground zero)

I reckon v8 should be big, though.
Quote by moody07747
I have vista biz on my desktop DAW and when I got my 2496 card the demo disk of PT would not load sayingng I needed XP instead so im not sure but I guess only the latest versions will work with vista.

So the PT that came with it was obviously something prior to 7.4 then. If it is version 7.x, then the update should be free. If it is version 6.x, then you'll need to pay up. Or go to XP. I personally don't see the big deal about Vista.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
I just thought I would dig out the box and update which CD came with the card.

It's Pro Tools M-Powered 7
CD states it runs on windows XP or Mac OS X

If it updates for free, I could not figure that part out...
I could not even get it to install onto the DAW.