Page 3 of 199
and in this you dont have to all be in there at the same time to chat with people, because you can see every post

Jack my swag
^Exactly, you all don't have to be in the same place at the same time. If someone asks a question an hour ago, you can still answer it...
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
I got a question. I just fixed the truss rod on my strat, and it sounds completely different. Is that normal?
Quote by imgooley
I got a question. I just fixed the truss rod on my strat, and it sounds completely different. Is that normal?

what did you do to it exactly?
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
well the neck was bowed (cuz i put jazz stings on it) so i straightened it out. i like the way it sound now, but i was trippin out because i thought it was weird.
Quote by imgooley
well the neck was bowed (cuz i put jazz stings on it) so i straightened it out. i like the way it sound now, but i was trippin out because i thought it was weird.

hmmm

I've never had that happen, that is weird, and I've had every conceivable gauge of string on my crappy squier

so how does it sound different exactly?

maybe, you have stumbled onto a major guitar secret

Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by GD_GC
Well this is different than Java Chat, this is much cooler

But really, every other genre has one of these threads, so why not us?

It was more in reply to an earlier post that someone said they made a chat channel.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Quote by sinan90
It was more in reply to an earlier post that someone said they made a chat channel.

ya, i made a blues chat. i didnt know there was a jazz chat. my bad.

anywho, can you guys help me with torrents? im new to this. i downloaded a leadbelly live album with it, got it on utorrents, but now how do i transfer it to itunes?

Jack my swag
Quote by Carswell98
hmmm

I've never had that happen, that is weird, and I've had every conceivable gauge of string on my crappy squier

so how does it sound different exactly?

maybe, you have stumbled onto a major guitar secret

Well it's a little clearer and there is more sustain. It's a very minor difference but it made a huge difference to me. I play it more now too.
Quote by gopherthegreat
ya, i made a blues chat. i didnt know there was a jazz chat. my bad.

anywho, can you guys help me with torrents? im new to this. i downloaded a leadbelly live album with it, got it on utorrents, but now how do i transfer it to itunes?

I am the torrent expert

Right click on the torrent that you downloaded. Click on 'Open Containing Folder...' Once you have the files open in Windows Explorer highlight them all by pressing Ctl+A or you can manually highlight them all by holding down the shift key or Ctl key. Then drag and drop the files into your iTunes.
Quote by gopherthegreat
its ok, i just figured it out

what are the best sites?

Well, OiNK was the best, but it got shut down Now I just search through all the ones on uTorrent search thing. Such as Mininova, The Pirate Bay ect.
Quote by gopherthegreat
its ok, i just figured it out

what are the best sites?

Google is the best now, although I loved my demonoid account. If you use FF theres a special toolbar with an inbuilt torrent search that searches a whole bunch of good sites.
Founder of Jaco society

Quote by Dimebag22
Well, OiNK was the best, but it got shut down Now I just search through all the ones on uTorrent search thing. Such as Mininova, The Pirate Bay ect.

I use isohunt here and there. I've never been to the Pirate Bay. Hows it fare against the rest?
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
Do you think we should get this thread stickied?
"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
Quote by GD_GC
Do you think we should get this thread stickied?

You could if you wanted to, but it's doing pretty good on it's own right now. I don't think that it would fall below the first page that often.
well, im going to talk more in this thread, so im sure that it will be fine
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

So you can speak to me in English, Spanish or Chinese

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
Quote by theneildeal

Hey! It's neil! I haven't seen you around latley, I thought you only got banned for 10 days?

So hows the UG Blues Album coming along? I have a couple songs ready if you want them.
gone." - J.Lansdowne
Quote by theneildeal

your back! hows it going, man?

Jack my swag
Neil has been unbanned for a few days now... I think he told me that he was just busy with school stuff right?
yeah, im great thanks. how's everyone here? Im am swamped with uni work, but a UG addict, ill still visit!
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

So you can speak to me in English, Spanish or Chinese

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
We need more jazz in this blues and jazz chat.

>_>
<_<
Founder of Jaco society

hi i mainly listen to metal but i've heard some blues and want some more
i've heard the song 'cross road blues' (is that the name of it?) by robert johnson and i liked it
any recomendations guys? this probly seems ON topic for blues/jazz but i dont know whether theres all ready a blues/jazz reccomendation thread
Quote by sinan90
We need more jazz in this blues and jazz chat.

>_>
<_<

Jim Hall - Concierto
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
hi i mainly listen to metal but i've heard some blues and want some more
i've heard the song 'cross road blues' (is that the name of it?) by robert johnson and i liked it
any recomendations guys? this probly seems ON topic for blues/jazz but i dont know whether theres all ready a blues/jazz reccomendation thread

Right here:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=227593

i decided to take a visit to the blues thread in lue of that poll thread on blues and metal.

my favorite blues song atm = jimi hendrix cover of born under a bad sign.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Quote by fenderbassist12
i decided to take a visit to the blues thread in lue of that poll thread on blues and metal.

my favorite blues song atm = jimi hendrix cover of born under a bad sign.

Good choice! Blues + Jazz = Best forum ever

But that song is sweet too, I prefer the Cream version but Jimi's is pretty sick too. That Jimi album, 'Blues', is amazing though.
Quote by Dimebag22
Good choice! Blues + Jazz = Best forum ever

But that song is sweet too, I prefer the Cream version but Jimi's is pretty sick too. That Jimi album, 'Blues', is amazing though.

The Blues Hendrix Album is fucking amazing, I love every track on there!

But yeah, cool story (sort of): I was playing guitar with my brother and I started doing some of that psychadelic shit, inspired by that "Third Stone From The Sun" SRV El Mocambo video that I saw (don't worry, I didn't go as far as he did, I would never do that to my guitar), and the high E snapped and cut me in the hand and I started bleeding. It was pretty badass.
gone." - J.Lansdowne
Quote by GD_GC
The Blues Hendrix Album is fucking amazing, I love every track on there!

But yeah, cool story (sort of): I was playing guitar with my brother and I started doing some of that psychadelic shit, inspired by that "Third Stone From The Sun" SRV El Mocambo video that I saw (don't worry, I didn't go as far as he did, I would never do that to my guitar), and the high E snapped and cut me in the hand and I started bleeding. It was pretty badass.

you should have like, pretended you meant to and sprinkled blood on your guitar like some sort of sacrifice.... or... something

*runs away*
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by Carswell98

you should have like, pretended you meant to and sprinkled blood on your guitar like some sort of sacrifice.... or... something

*runs away*

That would have been amazing! I'll keep that in mind for next time
gone." - J.Lansdowne
That's sweet. Did you use your shoe too? Or like jump on top of your guitar? I thought that he was gonna break the neck off
Quote by Dimebag22
That's sweet. Did you use your shoe too? Or like jump on top of your guitar? I thought that he was gonna break the neck off

no I didn't do anything that might actually damage it, I would never do that. I just started freaking out on the trem and like holding it by the trem and banging it against my body and doing weird bend type things and then the high E snapped
gone." - J.Lansdowne
Quote by GD_GC
no I didn't do anything that might actually damage it, I would never do that. I just started freaking out on the trem and like holding it by the trem and banging it against my body and doing weird bend type things and then the high E snapped

I actually did that once. Trying to sound like the 'Whole Lotta Love' part where it goes all crazy. Or the 'A Day In The Life' part where they do that.
I made my delay go so that it never really stopped echoing for like 20 or so seconds and was screwing around with my slide and trem. It was actually pretty sweet, it sounded very dark.
Quote by gopherthegreat
what does it mean if on utorrent, the download bar on a song is red?

Means that you have no seeders. Basically it wont dl if there are no seeders
Quote by imgooley
Means that you have no seeders. Basically it wont dl if there are no seeders

which unfortunately happens a lot, because people don't seed
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by Carswell98
which unfortunately happens a lot, because people don't seed

yeah like me
< hypocrite

Quote by imgooley
yeah like me

me either
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

So i have a question. When y'alls play blues, how do you set your amps and effects?