honestly, id go with a new guitar. and i like.

but, if the starcaster has a cool sound, id keep it.
Yeah. That RG is pretty wicked from what I hear. I've played it at Guitar Center once or twice and it's pretty good, my only problem is that it doesn't have a tremolo for that price. What kind of music do you play? Maybe I could suggest a more fitting guitar for you?
i play three days grace and i like to play acdc and GNR but i have a 350 dollar limit and thats with tax
SGs are pretty good guitars, from my experience. never had one break on me, but thn again, never owned one, just played in bands with people who used em.

i like the SG tone, and it seems like a steal.

id always test one before i bought it.
i was looking at the g-400 tho but i dont know if that has the sound i want for the songs i wanna play
honestly, man, wat i would do, is go to the closest music store, and look at guitars in your price range, and play 2 3 or 4, and decide what you like, or dont like about each, then kinda way the pros and cons, and find it online for as cheap as possible.

but thats me, again.

and, if you play modern rock, i probably would go for ibanez. or, check out Dean Vendettas. my bud got one for 100 dollars, and its amazing.
Buy this now - best $300 you will ever spend. If you can save a bit more, I'd look into this, it's on special at the moment for $350.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Don't go for the SG Special. It's made of plywood, and will probably have crappy electronics and may even be poorly put together. If you want an SG, go for the G310 or G400.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Id go with the_random_hero's suggestion and get a schecter
Quote by -Atticus-

oh and btw how do u put a quote in ur sig??
go for the ibanez
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
Well to be honest I would save up some more money. Ive never played that guitar so I might not know what im talking about. But I really dont think it would sound that much better. They are both low end guitars.

but if you do +1 to the schecters the ones i've played seemed amazing espeically for the price
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
Well to be honest I would save up some more money. Ive never played that guitar so I might not know what im talking about. But I really dont think it would sound that much better. They are both low end guitars.

but if you do +1 to the schecters the ones i've played seemed amazing espeically for the price

I've got the 006 Deluxe. It plays better than basically every other guitar in it's category, is easily upgradeable (although the stock pickups aren't really that bad at all) and the build quality is excellent.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
New guitar!!

I own a Schecter Omen, and love it, so if you haven't yet, try out one of those, and see if it's for you. I would also recommend the Epiphone G-400 (If you get an Epi SG, don't get the G-310, it has a bolt on neck, whereas the G-400, as with real Gibson SG's, has a set neck). If you're not a fan of either of those, I have played the Ibanez you posted, and liked the feel of it.

In the end, it's up to you, and how you like the guitar, so go try a few out, and see what you think of the Omen (or any other Schecter in that price range) and G-400.

Good luck!
i just got this and i like it alot, i need to get a screwdriver and put the action where i like it, but sounds great to me