So I just knocked over and busted my Les Paul Studio. By busted, I mean I split the head (right behind the "studio" nameplate by the tuners). Anyways, I am going to get it repaired as I have not the know-how but was just wondering, are Studios a 1-piece neck, meaning I could just get a new headstock, or will it cost me a new neck? And also, just to be a bother, could anyone give a price estimate on that? If anyone understood my rambling, thanks!
Quote by k-log
So I just knocked over and busted my Les Paul Studio. By busted, I mean I split the head (right behind the "studio" nameplate by the tuners). Anyways, I am going to get it repaired as I have not the know-how but was just wondering, are Studios a 1-piece neck, meaning I could just get a new headstock, or will it cost me a new neck? And also, just to be a bother, could anyone give a price estimate on that? If anyone understood my rambling, thanks!

Huh? I don't get what you're saying here. They just glue the piece you broke off back on.

Gibbies are one piece necks methinks.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Feb 21, 2008,
NOt sure about how many peices, but i do know that Les Pauls have set necks. You are going to have to contact a Luthier(sp?)
Hello
That a surprisingly common problem. A luthier or tech will just glue it back together
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
that sucks, but a good luthier should be able to glue it back on really well
Ouch you poor bugger. I'm always worried about that on my SG. But do what the others said, and you'll be set. The moolah you spend will b e worth it. Also who knows, I believe Slash a long with other greats have done the same thing, and their techs fixed it, and now it plays even better, so you might find this to be a great thing

In any case, good luck mate.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
The paddle of the headstock is actually separate from the rest of the neck, so it'll just be a reglue.

At least, the headstock itself on my LP is that way.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
This has already been said, but take it to a good luthier and you'll be absolutely fine.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.