Page 1 of 3
Hey, I just got off the phone with my 13 year old cousin and she was telling me about all of the "great" shows she watches on t.v. such as Hannah montana, thats so raven, high school musical and some other crap. Than my aunt is telling me about some of the "great" shows she watches such as Lost (which i kinda like by the way) desperate housewives, greys anatomy and other crap as well. My question is why the hell arent there any other classic shows on tv anymore for kids such as boy meets world, fresh prince, family matters, home improvement, kenan and kel,
all that(old school), saved by the bell, smart guy, so weird, jett jackson, roseanne, and all of the shows i grew up watching? All of the shows that are considered good that are on nowadays are dramas such as lost, desperate housewives, and greys anatomy. What are your opinions on this? They dont even have any good cartoons for little kids anymore like tale spin, goof troop, and darkwing duck!!! They give these little kids the wiggles!!! This makes me mad and i feel really bad for kids today.
Life is a film, you the film maker
because they all got repeated so much that everyone got sick of them.

they'll be back in 5-10 years when everybody forgets what happened in them.
it may sound stupid but shows like rugrats, hey arnold, all that, and those other old nickelodeon shows were awesome as a kid
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Kids' TV today is awesome. I spend at least one day a week sitting with my wee cousins watching Peppa Pig, Kipper, Bob the Builder, Rory the Racecar, Backyardigans and In the Night Garden.

I can't think of any shows I used to watch that were exclusively nineties =/
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
dude, as a kid in the 90s.....there was hey arnold, are u afraid of the dark, DOUG (my favorite, he taught life lessons), and KAZAAM (that comic book show, simlilar to robot chicken)
what about "you can do that on television"

That was EARLY nineties though, you need to be an old timer to remember that one.
Not Enough AssHatery
Pete and Pete, and yeah def are you afraid of the dark, roccos modern life, and my brother and me
read job
Quote by blackflag49
Seventh Heaven..

God no. I'm glad it's over (God I hope it's over)
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

oh, yea pete and pete was awesome, i forgot all about doug, that was the **** lol
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Quote by dontstopblevin
dude, as a kid in the 90s.....there was hey arnold, are u afraid of the dark, DOUG (my favorite, he taught life lessons), and KAZAAM (that comic book show, simlilar to robot chicken)

It was actually called Kablam, and I thought it was ****ing awful. Puking is even more fun than watching that ****.
Pete and Pete... the best ever
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Rugrats? thats all i remeber
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
What are you talking about? Fresh Prince is on two different channels when I get home from school, so I watch it for a full hour before doing anything else, I HAVE to watch it, I'm addicted
founding member of the Bill Bailey fan club (assuming there isn't already one)

proudly not an overly proud vegetarian
does anyone remember the old nick show, i cant remember the name but it was about some kids who had a friend who looked like them but was an alien, he could read a book in about 5 seconds. That also made me think of animorphs lol .
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Home Improvement, Saved by the bell, roseanne, kenan and kel, and fresh prince are all still on.
Quote by death101
ok heres the very sad deal i was wondering if there was any girls who love guitar and music
on here who live in california who are willing to go out with me
Quote by dontstopblevin

dude, i think the comic book show you're thinking is KABLAM! ..with the exclamation point of course
Weapons Mistress of the UG Military
...don't be scared
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']

It doesn't get much cooler than this.
This cartoon was the cornerstone of my childhood.

My mom had to record every single episode of it, or I would've gone apeshit.

oh, damn what was that show. I loved it...sadly discontinued...I just can't remember for the life of me.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Maggot3000
it may sound stupid but shows like rugrats, hey arnold, all that, and those other old nickelodeon shows were awesome as a kid

What sounds stupid, is you implying it's stupid to say shows like that are awesome.
Hey Arnold was/is the greatest show ever.

Next to Scrubs and Reno of course.

EDIT: OH MY GOD! What was the show with the cats and the ****ing jet??
And they lived in a junkyard!?!

DOUBLEEDIT: It was SWAT Kats. With no help from anyone.
Last edited by fetus989 at Feb 21, 2008,
90's tv shows FTMFW
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Fresh Prince
I am the last Samaurai

Quote by Strati
Note to self: keep off thread while on lsd trip.

Quote by gtrfrk123
Well i'm still fairly young so i still hump random things

Quote by Woogles
****K YOU HOE!
GTFO MAH UG!
I spent the 90's watching M*A*S*H reruns
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Boy Meets World and Smart Guy rule so much.
I still watch them when they are on.
The best show ever is the Super Mario Bros Super Show. Youtube it, thank me later. Captain Lou Albano ftw.

I think I have natural talent for guitar because I'm left handed and I use that hand to pleasure myself. Seeing as I started playing after most of intense masturbating-teen years, the dexterity was already there.
BIKER MICE FROM MARS FTW

god this brings back memories... street sharks, teenage mutant ninja turtles, transformers, power rangers. Who said the ninties sucked
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
In my opinion, the two greatest shows of the '90's are Canadian programs.

The first one was ReBoot, which was about people who live in a computer. Kicked so much ass and it's returning now!

The second one was The Odyssey, about this kid who falls into a coma and in his mind ends up in a world ruled by kids, and no adults are around. Sadly it ended on a double cliffhanger.

If you remember ReBoot, you get +1,000,000 because it's still fairly popular in Canada and is coming back.

If you remember the Odyssey, you get +infinite because I can't find anyone else who does
Pete And Pete Ruled when I watched when it first aired and I was like 5...
Quote by sneyob
Saw extended blue dick,
clicked X.

Sorry,
force of habit

Quote by Bmm386

There is only one solution. We need to bomb outer space. That should show those terrorist bastards who's who
Page 1 of 3