If I was to buy EMGs or Duncan Blackouts and I want to play metal, what kind of amp should I get? Do they only sound good on tubes? My price can go up to $500 max.
Thanks.
You'd probably be looking at a Valveking in the price range. Tubes would help because new pickups won't make much difference in a solid state.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
You'd probably be looking at a Valveking in the price range. Tubes would help because new pickups won't make much difference in a solid state.

Ok. Would I need any pedals?
A Valveking wouldn't need pedals unless you want some seriously high gain. If that's the case, shoot for a nice tubescreamer/OD.

Would you be willing to go used? That would open up a lot of other options.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by DrNick
A Valveking wouldn't need pedals unless you want some seriously high gain. If that's the case, shoot for a nice tubescreamer/OD.

Would you be willing to go used? That would open up a lot of other options.

Used works with me as long as its still playable. =)
hmm crate blue voddo head used could be around 350, it has nice gain (hella nice) and its tube

or try bugera amps
Quote by Krzy8
hmm crate blue voddo head used could be around 350, it has nice gain (hella nice) and its tube

or try bugera amps

Thanks ill check them out!