I bought a used Zakk Wylde Epiphone a couple days ago,it had some fret buzz so I tried to adjust the truss rod,but its stripped,I did get it to trun alittle and I heard a crcking sound and the fret buzz is now worse.What do I do?
Quote by piefaceFX
whack it with a sledge hammer

idiots...

WHACK IT WITH YOUR PENIS
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
uh I don't think you can do anything with a stripped truss rod..
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
If you can get the nut off the end it can be replaced. Stewmac carries truss rod parts. A shop might be able to do it easier. If not then know why the guy was selling the guitar.
Could a shop change the neck on a set neck or neck through guitar? Sure if it was a bolt on you could easily. I think changing the truss rod is about the only option for you. Take it to a pro. Research and find a good shop first. Can anyone recommend a good shop for the TS?
Unless you are certain it may not be stripped, just corroded or cross-threaded. I would try unstringing and backing the truss-rod out alot, then feel it and see if its tracking in the threads properly. Post on the Ultimate Guitar Setup Q and A Thread by jj1565, she may have some better advice if you don't get satisfaction here. Good luck.
Last edited by uldhppi at Feb 22, 2008,
hey ^

i know this is cheesy, and i wouldnt, but maybe you could raise the action a little at the bridge, stop the buzz, and just return it for "no" reason.

i mean you might have wrecked it, maybe not, but, for sure, there's a problem, and i dont know if ull be the one to fix it.

if not, then repost, maybe we can try to make it more playable. or you could let a different guitar shop look at the truss rod nut see if it's stripped.

is the nut spinning freely now?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
If the hole for the allen wrench is stripped with some work it can be removed and replaced. If its the threads of the actual rod there is a repair kit available to rethread the end. I cant believe a shop would say its easier to remove and replace the neck on a set neck epi then to replace the rod. Necks arent to easy to come by for LPs.