i just got cable and i hooked up my friend's xbox 360 and it won't connect to the internet. WHY!! i have an ethernet cord going from the thing that says ETHERNET on the cable box right to the xbox, AND IT WON'T WORK!!
WHY
NO I'M NOT

he connects to xbox live all the time at his house, but it won't work for me.
y don't u ask the friend?
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
he can't figure it out. it said the IP address failed and something about networking being open?
Quote by frottage
he can't figure it out. it said the IP address failed and something about networking being open?

going through a router?

might need to forward a port.

I told you you were doing it wrong :p
Easy, unplug the cable box, wait 30 seconds, plug it back in, if that don't work, you probably should just quit.

haha sorry it was the perfect time and i dont really know
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by freedoms_stain
going through a router?

might need to forward a port.

I told you you were doing it wrong :p

OMGHOW
rub icy hot on it

lol jk

make sure you're plugged into either you router or the cable modem NOT you're computer or a microwave
turn of the modem and xbox, wait 30 secs. turn on the modem. WAIT thirty seconds. turn on xbox.

problem resolved.
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
yeah it's the IP thing. the cable guy couldn't get the computer to connect through the ethernet and had to do a USB connection. help with the IP thing?