I'm looking at buying an overdrive pedal. I want to get a crunchy bluesy sound, as well as a nice rock tone like Angus Young. I will be using it through a Valve Junior and Epi LP Standard.

Looking on eBay there are a heap of Behringer ones at a decent price. Is this brand any good? Are any of the following any good, and will they sound decent through my setup. Also, do you think I'll notice much of a difference to my Digitech RP80 Multi FX?

OD400 Ultimate Overdrive

BO100 Blues Overdrive

PO300 Ultimate Power Overdrive

VT911 VINTAGE TUBE OVERDRIVE

BOSS OD-3 OVERDRIVE

OD100 Overdrive/Distortion
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro Harmonix Big Muff
Ernie Ball VP Junior 250k
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Check out the Fulltone OCD or a Maxon OD808.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Bit out of the price range.
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Quote by zapparage
Bit out of the price range.

Well if you want a cheap one, you could always go with old reliable. The Boss SD-1. I have one, it works well for what it does I suppose.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Check out the Fulltone OCD or a Maxon OD808.

+1

That or a SD-1 they're pretty good for the price

The OD-3 isn't horrible either
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Feb 21, 2008,
I don't know how this would fit in with your setup, but the Electro Harmonix Metal Muff is really impressive, especially for the price, which is like $100 if you get the one with top boost, which I'd highly recommend. This won't be a waste of money, I think you'll be happy with it, I know I am. Great overdrive, low feedback.
Quote by cjpiquette
I don't know how this would fit in with your setup, but the Electro Harmonix Metal Muff is really impressive, especially for the price, which is like $100 if you get the one with top boost, which I'd highly recommend. This won't be a waste of money, I think you'll be happy with it, I know I am. Great overdrive, low feedback.

It's a bit too scooped for Angus Young IMHO. The English Muff'n would be better if we're talking EHX.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by cjpiquette

How is the Metal Muff gonna give him crunchy bluesy sound?
check out the Maxon OD-9 also, most people will tell you to get the OD808 or the Fulltone OCD, but i like the OD-9 over the OD808......haven't tried the OCD though.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
The behringer TS clone is fine.
And the wah is alright too. Just a bit noisy and sucks tone.

Anyways... Can't you just crank your Epi VJ? Isn't that the point of low wattage valve amps? Just crank it and get what you want. And I think with a SG/LP, you should be able to get Angus pretty well. Better than a pedal prolly could.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by DarkLordSauron
I would go with a DS-1 (personal favorite distortion pedal) im not sure if it would do good for the purpose your lookin at but its my favoite
(LISTEN TO IT HERE!!!) ƒ♪♪♪♪

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Boss-DS-1-Distortion-Pedal-100086787-i1124466.gc

Huge -1...

TS is asking for an overdrive... not a ****ty distortion pedal
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by acdcrocks0323
^He's on a budget, That is why he is looking at behringer in the first place.

Skimping on an OD pedal is a bad idea. Skimping on everything in the music industry is a bad idea. You get what you paid for.

Save up more money, and get a TS-808 or English Muff'n.

Do NOT go the easy way out and get a cheap pedal, you will regret it, and will have to re-invest in a new pedal withing a few months or years.
High as tits
I just bought a BBE Green Screamer yesterday!! I'm still getting a feel for it, but so far so good...
My Gear:
'05 ESP LTD EC-400
'67 Gibson ES-120T (Original)
'05 Vox AD30VT
'65 Fender Deluxe Reverb Black Face (Original)
Yeah well sorry but I don't have the money. Which would be the best out of the ones I listed? I'm looking for a relly crunchy overdriven tone like Angus Young.

Will I notice much of a difference from my RP80?
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
I just found a bad monkey for a price I can afford and I saw someone mentioned it. Is it any good for the tone I want?
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Yea its a solid pedal. Best in the price range w/o a doubt. SD-1 is close but its a tone sucker apparently
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
i can get from great blues to blues/hard rock overdrive and crunchy od with a valve junior and bad monkey. and it cost next to nothing to get this tone - id happily pay twice what i paid
don't go cheap on an overdrive pedal. (or any pedal)

it'll sound better without it.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
ive seen a video on youtube of someone playing a marshall distortion pedal with a valve jr. i was impressed. you might wanna check it out.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!