anyone know how to fix this?

when im on Itunes, all ths songs are in order as they appear on the albums

but when i go to access them in my ipod, they are out of order, so i cant listen to the album in the order or the tracks that they were originally in

how do i fix it
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
right click your songs... get info.. there you can edit stuff like track number and album name and stuff that you cant on the regular library... their not properly categorized.. you can fix it from there.
could be a a problem with the ID3's, i know the ipod changes teh filename when files are copied over so maybe they're stored on your computer as 01 - [insert trackname here] where as on the ipod, it doesnt have the track number info so it goes on track title?

have had that problem a few times, mainly when i accidentally deleted all track number info from all my maiden and that computer wasn't connected so had to do it all manually!
Well, I don't know, but you're a lucky son of a gun to have one of those! I had one. then it got stolen at my school, then, I got another one as a replacement. Then someone broke into my house and stole that one too! Now , I don't have any.
Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
it has to do with how your songs are formatted... like if you put a ripped cd, the song files will appear as like 01 - xxx, 02 - xxx.. it will go in alphebetical order... but if you downloaded songs of of limewire or something.... the format wont be like that

its complicated.. either way your ****ed
well, its weird- if i loaded them on my old computer, they would be in order

but if i loaded songs on it from another computer, it would put the songs out of order, until i plugged it into the first computer again
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
iPod's are alright. I just use my Powerbook's iTunes though.

Anyway, post #5 is right. You've got the wrong ID3 tags. Just label 'em all correctly and you'll be fine.
UPDATE got it.... its just gonna take awhile, and i'll have to look up a few albums to get the correct track listings

and watching metalocalypse ANYWHERE kicks ass, the ipod friggin rules.... especially when you get it for $40 from a questionable source!!!
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
Because when you download / steal music from pirated sites, your never guaranteed proper tags. Dont blame the iPod for doing what its told. On the other hand, your iPod is forever dead, and you should sell it to me.
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
Yo man, i had the same problem where the songs weren't in the proper order.
Right click the song, choose get info, and make sure all the information is the same (mainly the album artist info).
no no no, i had the cd's

i had basically every cd by NOFX, for example, and they were all on their

but if i plugged my ipod into any computer other than my original one it mixed up the tracks randomly, not for all albums just some
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
Quote by TheShubes

but when i go to access them in my ipod, they are out of order, so i cant listen to the album in the order or the tracks that they were originally in

how do i fix it

I had this problem (with Lateralus, too, and that album is impossible to listen to out-of-order).

The way I fixed it was selecting the album and going "get info" and then filling in the field so it says "disc 1 of 1", or if it's two discs, 1 of 2, 2 of 2. Hope that helps.

Also, all you unhelpful people, why did you bother entering the thread?
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by TheShubes

how do i fix it

Answer: get a zune.
The most powerful yugioh card is the Chuck Norris Card. Once brought into play, all other cards spontaneously burst into flames. Chuck Norris will then jump out of the card and roundhouse kick you and everyone else for playing such a gay game.